Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

2/22/2005

25 is middle aged, right?

Good lord. Well, welcome to my blog. I am currently in the process of trying to find some sort of meaning to my life. The search is not going well.
How is it that at 25 I still don't feel like I have accomplished anything. I finished high school and community college, but have yet to achieve the highly desired and much sought after bachelor's degree. I guess those others were accomplishments in and of themselves, but they don't feel real.
I am graduating this spring and have decided not to walk, this probably comes as a surprise to anyone who knows me, but I just can't afford to do it. I know my family will be disappointed.
I am far more concerned with finding employment after graduation than I am with wearing a stupid-ass robe and standing for hours listening to some boring speaker just so I can publicly claim my right to a degree.
It's just not my idea of fun, but then again neither is what T calls "pounding the pavement" in search of work.
How many more years of this do I have to look forward to? oh, yeah... about fifty. Considering the average life span, I'm not even half way done. Great! 50 more years of stress, job seeking, poverty, and manlessness.
Wow! I sure am looking forward to that.
Anyway, as a first blog this kinda sucked but I decided to get a blog rather spur of the moment, so on that note, anyone out there who doesn't like it can kiss my ass.

4 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

Ok, well. I can't help. I don't feel like I have accomplished much and now I can sit here at this desk, hating most of the people around me for another 60 years or so.

I am seriously considering doing Daycare. This accounting shit is bothering the hell outta me more often than it used too.

However, I try and put it all in perspective by thinking about all the good I am doing my child. And you are too. Your child is wonderful, even if she does say that she will kick my child's A-S-S if he doesn't go to sleep.
She prolly could too.

If nothing else, you accomplished bringing a child into this world and she is alive and healthy. And smart. Plus you did it the hard way, and not the sissy way that I did.

Unfortunately, it doesn't bring us any closer to feeling important and like we are making a difference. But we really are. We can make our children good people, in spite of their fathers, and too me, that is what it is all about sometimes.

Sure, sometimes it is all about....when can I have my rum and coke?
Damn!

2/22/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

As for manlessness, what was going on with the Italian Hottie?

Ok, yes, I typed Hottie....so what.
And again, I am not much help there. I only know crappy men....:(
Besides my own BF. He would be happy to share, I am sure, but I wouldn't.

Even though you are my best friend.

2/22/2005 12:44 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

And you have the cutest little "happy trail"...ok, so it's not much of an accomplishment, but I still think it is cute. If I was a guy, you would totally be my girlfriend.

2/22/2005 12:46 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

*bergle*
Happy Trail?!

3/01/2005 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home