I'm over it, I swear.
Okay, no more quizzes, cross my heart. Although I did find out that my porn star name is...
No. No more quizzes.
On a lighter note I spent my day at work today saying my goodbyes to everyone, I am really going to miss them all. It was a very depressing day as everyone was talking about finding new employment, since Healthy Start is systematically being denuded of every cent of funding it had. It is a shameful waste to have a program that has meant so much to so many people get screwed ito the ground by bureaucratic bullshit.
I am really upset about this.
So today was my last day. I still have a whole page of "to-do" items to get through in the next week or so. Including, but not limited to: writing a 20 page paper on America's family policies, how they compare to those of other nations, and why we suck; finishing the research for this paper; looking for more running feet for my sister (hi, angie); reading "Our Babies, Ourselves" (karina, I highly recommend it); e-mailing my advisor for practicum and then meeting with him in order to deliver said paper; meeting with my undergrad advisor about graduation; calling my AFS worker about assistance with job searching; visiting Des on Friday, my family on Saturday, and making dinner for guests on sunday; somehow coming up with the full amount of rent by Monday; printing up and filling ut a PD100 (state job application) and updating my resume; getting to my doctor's appointment on Tuesday; during all this I have to keep the house from going completely to hell and make 3 meals a day, and help the girlie keep up with her homework; and at some point I'd like to finish the book I'm reading for fun and the afghan I am crocheting fo rmy brother. Anything else? Nothing comes to mind, but I'm sure something will...
Note: everyone reading this, if you can think of anything I've forgotten please let me know!
Welcome to my world, it's no wonder I spend much of my time trying not to burst out in tears for no apparent reason. :)
No. No more quizzes.
On a lighter note I spent my day at work today saying my goodbyes to everyone, I am really going to miss them all. It was a very depressing day as everyone was talking about finding new employment, since Healthy Start is systematically being denuded of every cent of funding it had. It is a shameful waste to have a program that has meant so much to so many people get screwed ito the ground by bureaucratic bullshit.
I am really upset about this.
So today was my last day. I still have a whole page of "to-do" items to get through in the next week or so. Including, but not limited to: writing a 20 page paper on America's family policies, how they compare to those of other nations, and why we suck; finishing the research for this paper; looking for more running feet for my sister (hi, angie); reading "Our Babies, Ourselves" (karina, I highly recommend it); e-mailing my advisor for practicum and then meeting with him in order to deliver said paper; meeting with my undergrad advisor about graduation; calling my AFS worker about assistance with job searching; visiting Des on Friday, my family on Saturday, and making dinner for guests on sunday; somehow coming up with the full amount of rent by Monday; printing up and filling ut a PD100 (state job application) and updating my resume; getting to my doctor's appointment on Tuesday; during all this I have to keep the house from going completely to hell and make 3 meals a day, and help the girlie keep up with her homework; and at some point I'd like to finish the book I'm reading for fun and the afghan I am crocheting fo rmy brother. Anything else? Nothing comes to mind, but I'm sure something will...
Note: everyone reading this, if you can think of anything I've forgotten please let me know!
Welcome to my world, it's no wonder I spend much of my time trying not to burst out in tears for no apparent reason. :)

2 Comments:
I am right there with you. I can't even imagine. I have help, and I still want to burst out in tears for no reason.
That sucks about the funding. Orchard Inn closed due to no funding. They were the best. I am sad for all the pregnant teens who aren't gonna get the help that will make them better people like I did. I fell extremely lucky that there was such a program for me to be in. If I had to live with Jake's mother, I might have killed everyone. *grin*
I want to know what your Porn Star name is....come on, tell me. Hope I didn't run the whole quiz thing into the ground, like I tend to.
Post a Comment
<< Home