Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

5/15/2005

Not -the-Mama Day 2005

Every year, Jen and I celebrate what we call Not-The-Mama Day. For mother's day instead of trying to spend a pleasant day with our little monsters, we ditch them with her husband and leave for as long as possible. It is a great relief not to be responsible for them, and allows us to really cut loose during what is supposed to be our (the mothers) day.

This year we managed to corrupt Des and Tara into joining us for our little adventure.

We picked up Des and headed to Dutch Bros. because no one can resist the Dutch.
Then we went west to Eat at Joe's, a little local dig out there where I used to go all the time when I lived in the area. On our way past the lake my parents pulled out in front of us, so I tailgated them for a few miles until they got home. Damn they're slow.

We got to Florence and found a beach to play on, after dodging many potholes and hitting even more, we got to the actual beach. Des and Tara could not be stopped, they were lured into the depths of the ocean, almost fully clothed. Without dry clothes, towel, or swimsuit they jumped in and splashed in the waves. It was so much fun.

We decided after that to head north, since we didn't know where we were going, and we were to late to get to see the Oregon Vortex. So we start driving north and the 23 miles from Newport to Lincoln city is like the longest 23 miles known to man!

To be continued...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Wait, wait! Unfair! We Michangers MUST know what the Oregon Vortex is! It is not on our globe, and we cannot find our atlas -- or rather, we know where the atlas is, but we'd prefer not to go there, because it is Happy Hour,and we are 3/4 Happy, so stumbling would be involved, so please, the Vortex! Tell us of the Oregon Vortex! We wait with baited breasts, breath - bated, whatever, we're waiting!

5/16/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

It was fun. Sorry I was such a pain in the ass towards the end. I totally SUCK!

5/17/2005 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home