Job? What Job??
This week at a glance...
Wed.
Kicked a crackhead's ass outta my house, long story, I might get back to it later, I might be lying.
Picked up mom at the airport.
Thurs.
Drove mom and girlie to Dad's house where we stayed the night and left the girlie until Mon.
Fri.
Drove mom to Newport to see Grandma. Got (blind) mom out of car and into room in nursing home, got mom's fifty tons of luggage into room, took mom and gramma (including one wheelchair and an oxygen tank) back to car, drove through a town I don't know with the two of them bitching, unloaded blind mom and helpless gramma, wheelchair and oxygen at the crafter's mall, went in, no room to maneuver both of them in excrutiatingly narrow aisles. Did not find acceptable yarn for mom at crafter's mall, loaded mom-gramma-wheelchair-O2 tank back into car. Drove three blocks, dropped both of the whiney bitches off at Fred Meyer's front door and parked while they went in search of electric cart. Gramma got her wheels and took off like a rocket. Continued looking for mom yarn, found a $3 yarn for myself, made her pay for it. She found nothing to please her. Lost Gramma. Found gramma drooling over whorehouse red curtains and dropping them all over the floor. Mom bought Gramma curtains ($50). Drove back to the other end of town, ordered pizza with mom while gramma sat in the car. Gramma ordered a giant pineapple milkshake with her pizza. Took them both back to the nursing home, fed up. Ate pizza, left town on my way home (100 miles). Realized that I left my yarn in the bag 35 miles later. Went to Tammi's and relaxed, watched movies, and did nothing.
Sat.
Woke up and helped Tammi with her garage sale, mostly by keeping her company.
Went home for a bit, then headed to Des's cuz she was missing me. Got drunk there and stayed the night.
Sun.
Went home finished Aaron's present, tidied up the house, finished preparing the state employment application that I've been having issues with for weeks. Partly because it wouldn't download and partly because I was being lazy.
Mon.
Got up at 9 and took off to pick up Mina. Picked her up and dragged her up to gramma's.
I literally dragged her out of the car when she said she didn't want to go see her scary looking great-gramma.
Got mom and all of her crap into the car and got home in a reasonable amount of time. Then I made dinner for all of us, and went to bed.
Tues.
I don't even remember.
I know I took Mina to school, and Mom to the airport.
I know that I finished up the paperwork to apply for a state job, and put it on disk. I also went to Jen's and printed up these documents.
Other than this it is a blur.
Wed. (today)
Took Mina to school. Went to the print shop nearby tried to make copies and print a file on floppy (Jen's floppy drive is busted). They don't do that. The only place that does is kinko's... all the way across town. So I went to Kinko's and got my three state applications mailed off. Then I went to VOS computers and dropped off a resume, picked up an application at the plasma center, filled out an application at Staples, and headed home for lunch. On my way I got a call from the temp agency. They want me to work tomorrow morning (and for the next two weeks) at Monaco in the accounting department, this is good. I don't own any proper business attire, this is bad.
So we shall see how this goes. If nothing else it will give me something to bring in money until I get some kind of response from the other places. Cuz I don't wanna work in a stuffy office, in uncomfortable clothes, in freakin Coburg. If I have to do it, I want it to be in Eugene.
I'll update again soon, but don't be surprised if I don't post until next week.
Wed.
Kicked a crackhead's ass outta my house, long story, I might get back to it later, I might be lying.
Picked up mom at the airport.
Thurs.
Drove mom and girlie to Dad's house where we stayed the night and left the girlie until Mon.
Fri.
Drove mom to Newport to see Grandma. Got (blind) mom out of car and into room in nursing home, got mom's fifty tons of luggage into room, took mom and gramma (including one wheelchair and an oxygen tank) back to car, drove through a town I don't know with the two of them bitching, unloaded blind mom and helpless gramma, wheelchair and oxygen at the crafter's mall, went in, no room to maneuver both of them in excrutiatingly narrow aisles. Did not find acceptable yarn for mom at crafter's mall, loaded mom-gramma-wheelchair-O2 tank back into car. Drove three blocks, dropped both of the whiney bitches off at Fred Meyer's front door and parked while they went in search of electric cart. Gramma got her wheels and took off like a rocket. Continued looking for mom yarn, found a $3 yarn for myself, made her pay for it. She found nothing to please her. Lost Gramma. Found gramma drooling over whorehouse red curtains and dropping them all over the floor. Mom bought Gramma curtains ($50). Drove back to the other end of town, ordered pizza with mom while gramma sat in the car. Gramma ordered a giant pineapple milkshake with her pizza. Took them both back to the nursing home, fed up. Ate pizza, left town on my way home (100 miles). Realized that I left my yarn in the bag 35 miles later. Went to Tammi's and relaxed, watched movies, and did nothing.
Sat.
Woke up and helped Tammi with her garage sale, mostly by keeping her company.
Went home for a bit, then headed to Des's cuz she was missing me. Got drunk there and stayed the night.
Sun.
Went home finished Aaron's present, tidied up the house, finished preparing the state employment application that I've been having issues with for weeks. Partly because it wouldn't download and partly because I was being lazy.
Mon.
Got up at 9 and took off to pick up Mina. Picked her up and dragged her up to gramma's.
I literally dragged her out of the car when she said she didn't want to go see her scary looking great-gramma.
Got mom and all of her crap into the car and got home in a reasonable amount of time. Then I made dinner for all of us, and went to bed.
Tues.
I don't even remember.
I know I took Mina to school, and Mom to the airport.
I know that I finished up the paperwork to apply for a state job, and put it on disk. I also went to Jen's and printed up these documents.
Other than this it is a blur.
Wed. (today)
Took Mina to school. Went to the print shop nearby tried to make copies and print a file on floppy (Jen's floppy drive is busted). They don't do that. The only place that does is kinko's... all the way across town. So I went to Kinko's and got my three state applications mailed off. Then I went to VOS computers and dropped off a resume, picked up an application at the plasma center, filled out an application at Staples, and headed home for lunch. On my way I got a call from the temp agency. They want me to work tomorrow morning (and for the next two weeks) at Monaco in the accounting department, this is good. I don't own any proper business attire, this is bad.
So we shall see how this goes. If nothing else it will give me something to bring in money until I get some kind of response from the other places. Cuz I don't wanna work in a stuffy office, in uncomfortable clothes, in freakin Coburg. If I have to do it, I want it to be in Eugene.
I'll update again soon, but don't be surprised if I don't post until next week.

5 Comments:
Yay, MONEY!
Aaron's present?
Like she's gonna tell you. *grin*
It's a surprise dammit, but I know what it is.
Lol, I was reading and then BAM I saw my name and did the Tim Allen, "ERRR?" :P
Well, sweet chocolatey Jesus, here you are! I am such a retard. Kept hitting refresh when all this time I should have scrolled down to June 2005 to see that you have not gone bloggerAWOL.
Ariel, I am so proud of you! You have done exactly what I hope my Myrtle will do, which is to move forward inspite of obstacles, get the degree (even if you never end up working as an anthropologist, the degree is an accomplishment with intrinsic value), and get employed. You've been busily getting all of this wrapped up while I've been too retarded to scroll down to June 2005 (refresh, refresh, refresh, where the hell is this woman?). God, I'm an idiot!
Anyway, we'll be home late tomorrow & then I have to get Myrtle's baby shower together by the 26th, at my house, where Moose has apparently knocked a door off its hinges in my absence, the wicked bastard devil-spawn!)
I would tell you to look for a graduation card soon, but it might be later than sooner, and I don't want you going postal on the USPS, so, you know, don't start pacing in front of your mailbox until mid-July. But know that I am proud of you, happy for you, & happy Mina-girl has herself a mommy who gets the job done.
Keep on rockin', girl.
Post a Comment
<< Home