Well, Folks...
I'm off to work in ten minutes. I get to go stab people soon, which is great fun, let me tell you. Actually, it's not nearly as nerve-wracking as I thought it would be. Plus, I keep running into old faces from my days as a homeless teen. That's kind of sad though, I wish I could say that the people I knew back then had all broken away from their homeless existence and were moving up in the world. But they haven't. Only a few have done well for themselves, the rest are still donating plasma to make ends meet, and probably are crashing at other people's houses to stay warm at night.
It makes me sad that they haven't been able to do better for themselves, I know that so many of them had great goals for their lives that they may never reach.
So, on that note, I want to say a great big CONGRATULATIONS to those of us who have been there and made it out. JEN, I'm proud of you for taking a rough beginning and coming out on top. DES, I'm proud of you for being the first of us to make it in the working world. TAMMI, I'm proud of you for starting out with nothing, not even your own mother's care and consideration, and getting to where you are now even after all that life has thrown your way.
And I hope that you all keep climbing and don't ever let your past knock you back down. I don't ever want to see you guys in the plasma center donating to make ends meet, because I know that you guys can do anything. Keep on rockin'.
Gotta go to work now, bye.
It makes me sad that they haven't been able to do better for themselves, I know that so many of them had great goals for their lives that they may never reach.
So, on that note, I want to say a great big CONGRATULATIONS to those of us who have been there and made it out. JEN, I'm proud of you for taking a rough beginning and coming out on top. DES, I'm proud of you for being the first of us to make it in the working world. TAMMI, I'm proud of you for starting out with nothing, not even your own mother's care and consideration, and getting to where you are now even after all that life has thrown your way.
And I hope that you all keep climbing and don't ever let your past knock you back down. I don't ever want to see you guys in the plasma center donating to make ends meet, because I know that you guys can do anything. Keep on rockin'.
Gotta go to work now, bye.

3 Comments:
Ahh, thanks. *blush*
Umm, I can't donate anyways. I tried one year to get Jake's birthday present when I was low on cash, but my veins are too small.
Totally collapsible, so I can safely say you won't see me there.
Oh, I remember the plasma days! In college I had friends who would donate for beer money. Back then BushJr actually donated in an effort to scrape up his car payment in spite of the fact that college towns are chock full of free public transportation.
You've ended up on the better end of the sharp stick, haven't you?
Yay!
don't worry about Tammi... she'd be on the other end of a Mags ass kickin if she ever decided start slipping back down. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home