Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

8/29/2005

Early Release

It was so slow at work today that they sent me home early. Yay. I like early release days.

I've been tinkering with a computer that my dad picked up at a garage sale for $45.00. It's in great shape actually, but I ordered an ethernet card for it so that I can set it up for networking and throw belarc on it, that way I don't have to fish around in it's guts to find out what kind of hardware is in it. I have to remember to thank Mags for showing me Belarc, it has made my life so much easier.
Meanwhile...
I'm kinda pissed because I left my crocheting project at my dad's this weekend and I had planned on spending my free time this week working on it, but instead I think I'll just stare at the walls for a while.
I also have to thank Mags for the speaker jack thingy cuz now I can throw together playlists on my computer and listen to them through my much better quality speakers on the DVD player instead of the crappy ones that are for the comp.

Thanks, Mags.

Hmm, now I gotta figure out what I'm gonna have for dinner since I'm home early and there's no one else to cook for. Should I bother cooking? I can't afford to eat out. Maybe I should just nuke something? Or maybe Neva or Bonnie will make me dinner?

I need to think about this for a while.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I think you should have a bit of Belarc Bourdelaise for dinner. What the hell is a Belarc anyway? Please don't tell me it's a bull's testicle. I've had a rough enough day as it is.

Oh, you geeky people make me sooo afraid!

8/29/2005 4:54 PM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

it's a cute little program that tells everything in your computer without you having to crack open the case and rip through all the cords and crap to find out just what type of motherboard/hard drive/software is in there. It tells all! And it's very handy.

8/29/2005 5:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh, Miss Ariel, I'm all abashed from the thanks. :)

8/29/2005 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should just grab a copy of Hiren's Boot CD. It has utilizies to tell what hardware is in a system in much more detail than Belarc, and it does not require Windows (or a hard drive for that matter)

8/29/2005 6:21 PM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

of course I'm broke Jen, dad paid for the ethernet card. I assume that's what you were talking about?

8/29/2005 9:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey girl, you've got some good friends. A spaghetti dinner from Des when you don't know what to cook, and your very first concert with Mags! Luckeeeeee...

8/30/2005 4:23 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

yup, I know, they're the best. what can I say? I know how to pick'em.
Besides, if des was having trouble with dinner and asked to come by my place I would've done the same thing. I wouldn't have bought concert tickets though, they just ain't in my budget right now.

8/30/2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

just like a superhero, dashing off to sve the day and eat spaghetti. I gotta admit though that Ben makes some damned good spaghetti.
Sorry I didn't stick around longer but I had meant to get to spend a little time with you and des last night anyway, it was just coincidence that she called me a bit earlier than I had expected to call her.

8/30/2005 6:37 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Ben thanks you.

I liked seeing you and you got Shaun outta it.

Shaun is good

8/30/2005 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home