Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

8/24/2005

The Firing Squad

So the last two days I have been moping around praying for my managers to just up and fire me so that I have a good reason to get the hell out of there.

Today I got the surprise of the year.

They offered me a promotion instead.

What. The. Fuck.

Madonna wants me to be a second Quality Supervisor, not just a backup.
That means salary.
Like, roughly $27,000 a year salary.

Again, What The Fuck?
How did this happen? Where was I? Why didn't they just fire me?

Now I have to stick it out for a while and see what happens. If nothing else I'll get trained and pay off some debts with that money. Maybe then they'll fire me and I can go do something normal and un-plasma related.

For the meantime, at least I know I'm doing a good job.

5 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

WOOHOO!
Yay for Salary. Does that mean you can be sick and get paid for it?

Umm, the thing with salary of course, is that sometimes they can work you ridiculous hours with no overtime.

I mean, not like they aren't already, but they do that at my work. Our food buyer prolly works 60 hours some weeks.

Ick.

8/25/2005 7:47 AM  
Blogger dangermama said...

awesome... congrats, even if it was totally unexpected

8/25/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This is going to look so swell on your resume, girlie. A promotion in such a short period of time, PLUS a salaried position. You may hate this job, but you can console yourself with the fact that it's turning out to be a good stepping stone to the next gig.

Now, if they ever do fire you, your unemployment bennies will be better :-) So keep up the good work!

8/25/2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! My plans to make you my sugar momma are starting to pay off. mwuahahaha. :)

8/25/2005 9:03 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

*CHEER!*

8/26/2005 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home