Meet the Parents
I'm totally exhausted but I figured I should write something tonight since I didn't get around to it yesterday.
My weekend went great, or at least I think it did Mags might say otherwise, I didn't realize it at the time but I was PMSing all weekend and looking back I may have been just a tad bit bitchy.
I had a good time though and really didn't want to come home and have to deal with work and housecleaning and stuff again. He even made me breakfast and let me sleep in, Mina had lots to do which was a real change from any other boyfriend I've ever had. He even bought froofroo coffee just for me.
I really liked his parents, and his mom gave me all the dirt on him from infancy on up including all of his evil ex-girlfriends (honestly I don't know how he put up with some of them). He said he was pretty sure his mom liked me when she asked when I was coming back. very cool.
Saturday night we went up to Portland to pick up his friend scott at the airport and then we met his co-worker Jeff and his wife and son for mini golf in vancouver. Normally I'm not that big a fan of mini golf, I hate keeping score and taking turns, it always takes forever and Mina always gets restless. This time I had a great time though, we played cheater golf (no scores, no taking turns) and Mina was an angel compared to Jordan (their son), which is highly unusual. It's such a relief when I go somewhere and my kid isn't the one who keeps getting in trouble for once. I really liked Jeff and Kim (except that they are World of Warcraft junkies just like Mags, and were trying to get me sucked into it as well). No thanks. That's okay though because Jen, Chris, and I are plotting to get Mags into SecondLife and once he gets hooked he'll never be able to escape.
So all in all the weekend went well, I even managed to meet his evil sister and I'm prepared to handle her if she gets uppity. I no longer have any pity for drama queens, if she starts up around me she'll find out really quick how little patience I have for that kind of "pity me" attitude. I'm just wishing that there were more days in a weekend, because with all the work he was doing at his parents's house we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together, it's probably just as well though since I'd just bore him to tears after a few hours. :)
My weekend went great, or at least I think it did Mags might say otherwise, I didn't realize it at the time but I was PMSing all weekend and looking back I may have been just a tad bit bitchy.
I had a good time though and really didn't want to come home and have to deal with work and housecleaning and stuff again. He even made me breakfast and let me sleep in, Mina had lots to do which was a real change from any other boyfriend I've ever had. He even bought froofroo coffee just for me.
I really liked his parents, and his mom gave me all the dirt on him from infancy on up including all of his evil ex-girlfriends (honestly I don't know how he put up with some of them). He said he was pretty sure his mom liked me when she asked when I was coming back. very cool.
Saturday night we went up to Portland to pick up his friend scott at the airport and then we met his co-worker Jeff and his wife and son for mini golf in vancouver. Normally I'm not that big a fan of mini golf, I hate keeping score and taking turns, it always takes forever and Mina always gets restless. This time I had a great time though, we played cheater golf (no scores, no taking turns) and Mina was an angel compared to Jordan (their son), which is highly unusual. It's such a relief when I go somewhere and my kid isn't the one who keeps getting in trouble for once. I really liked Jeff and Kim (except that they are World of Warcraft junkies just like Mags, and were trying to get me sucked into it as well). No thanks. That's okay though because Jen, Chris, and I are plotting to get Mags into SecondLife and once he gets hooked he'll never be able to escape.
So all in all the weekend went well, I even managed to meet his evil sister and I'm prepared to handle her if she gets uppity. I no longer have any pity for drama queens, if she starts up around me she'll find out really quick how little patience I have for that kind of "pity me" attitude. I'm just wishing that there were more days in a weekend, because with all the work he was doing at his parents's house we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together, it's probably just as well though since I'd just bore him to tears after a few hours. :)

1 Comments:
Bore me to tears? pfft whateeeever. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home