Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

8/27/2005

Tagged again.

CoffeeHouser has been at it again. I have been tagged with sharing five things from several different categories. So here goes...

10 years ago: I was sixteen and had plans to become a veterinarian, I hadn't ever had a boyfriend, I was still a virgin. I blushed when someone said condom and had never had alcohol or smoked pot in my life. I was adamant that I would never smoke cigarettes because they were gross. I had a huge crush on Logan. (Within another six months almost all of this would change, except for the cigarettes which I started at 18, and Logan who I still have a huge crush on).


5 years ago: At 21, I had a 2-year-old daughter, was in community college, and hung out with almost all the same people that I do now. I was living with my parents out of necessity, but spent most of my days and nights in town to save gas. Now the only thing that made me blush was alcohol, and tequila was my favorite. Thank god I've grown out of that. I believe this may have also been the year that I decided to go down to Ashland to live with my sister for the summer, despite the fact that Nic and I were together at the time. I think I needed an excuse to escape him for a while, but in the end it didn't work out and i only stayed with her for a few weeks. Long enough to make me miss him, and long enough for him to cheat on me with Antigone. But that's a whole different story.


1 year ago: I was 25, I lived here, I was dating Nic again. I took an entire year of Spanish in one summer so that I could get it done since it was one of the few things I still needed to complete for my degree. Since my classes were in the mornings I spent most of the rest of the day laying in the sun, and barbecuing with my neighbors. And since I was in classes I didn't have to work that summer, so I had a lot of free time.


Yesterday: Yesterday I got started on this post after returning home from a night at Des's. I was sad because Mags hadn't come down this weekend. I was bored and missing him when I went to see Des, and yesterday I got home started to post, got Mina packed for going to Grampa's house, and went to pick up Jackie (my stepmom) at the bus station. We picked her up, did a little grocery shopping, and drove out to dad's. My nephew Taijha was there and Mina and I stayed the night. This morning I slept in and woke up to bacon cooking, did a little gardening at their place, had some cake to celebrate dad's birthday, and headed home. Since then I have been writing this (except a brief break to go have dinner with Bonnie).

Five snacks I enjoy: 1) Jalapeno Poppers, I thought I would hate them when they were first offered to me, but they have become an addiction instead. 2) Tim's Cascade style Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips yummy, they're like salt and vinegar but with less salt and dill instead. 3) Hershey's Kisses with Almonds, I like my chocolate with nuts. 4) Dry salami, sometimes I just sit and east it right out of the package, also bacon. When my neighbors cook bacon I tax them a piece cuz i can smell it and can't resist. 5) And last but certainly not least... Bread. I'll munch on french bread, sourdough bread, homemade bread of any kind, I LOVE bread. Carbaholic much? Yes, and proud of it.


Five songs I know all the words to: 1) This my shock some of you, but I know all the words to all the songs from Les Miserables. I was a dressed in black depressed teen choir student, and Les Mis really stuck with me. 2) Ireland by Garth Brooks, the coolest song ever. 3) Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones (I dated a goth who thought he was Mick Jagger for a long time), I also learned all the words to O'Malley's Bar by Nick Cave from him. 4) Everything from Moulin Rouge. 5) And this one I hate to admit to, but I know all the words to Since You Been Gone and Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson. Gak. It shames me to admit it, but they're on the radio all the time, how could i avoid knowing the lyrics by now?


Five things I would do with $100 Million: 1) Bulldoze my Dad's house to the ground and rebuild it exactly the same but with insulation and central heating, plus bigger windows. 2) There is a hill out by my dad's place with a flat top that you can see from miles away, I would build a castle on that hill, buy all the land nearby and set up a year round SCA friendly space, in which everything would be period. I could have wars, markets, feasts, and I would be master of all I surveyed. MWAHAHA! 3) I would buy brand new top of the line computers for all of my friends and family who are constantly begging for help with their junky POS machines. 4) I'd take a long and well-deserved vacation to somewhere beautiful, just me (okay, and maybe Mags too, but only if he can behave himself). 5) I'd pay for college for Mina, Josh, Natalli, Derek, Kiesha, and Orion. And if they grew up not to be into the college thing, then they could use that money to buy a home or start a business instead, but at least they'd each get a good head start in life.


Five places I would run away to: 1) Bali, I've always wanted to go there. 2) Italy, yes, wine, pasta, and the descendants of Roman gods. My kinda place. 3) Costa Rica. Property values are at an all time low and I could live for years off of one year's wages up here. 4) The British Isles, so I can get in touch with my roots. 5) Aurora, Oregon. well, it's a lot more likely than any of the other places, at least I can achieve running away to Aurora for another weekend at some point.


Five things I would never wear: 1) Butt-Floss. Yuck. 2) Stilettos. I wouldn't mind wearing them, but let's face it I'd just end up breaking a leg or something. 3) Anything neon, I just don't like to call that much attention to myself. 4) Fake nails. My nails are pretty sturdy on their own and I just can't see spending that much money to cover them with something that'll destroy my already nice nails. 5) Mumus. I'd rather die.


Five favorite TV shows: Not in order of preference. 1) Ranma 1/2 (you all ought to have known this one). 2) Dead Like Me, some of the best morbid humor ever. 3) The X-Files. Mmmmm, Mulder. 4)Mythbusters, what can I say, I have a thing for bald guys who're a bit geeky, plus I love knowing weird trivia. 5) Aqua Teen Hunger Force, I blame this one on des cuz if she hadn't forced me into watching it the first time I never would've gotten addicted.


Five biggest joys: 1) Mina. She's the coolest kid sometimes, and the rest of my family should probably go here too. 2) Making stuff, from baking to knitting to computers to home repairs, I love to create things. I cannot express how much I enjoy making something from nothing, and how great I feel about myself when I can accomplish a task. Coming from a long line of procrastinating packrats I am always amazed when i accomplish something rather than just buying all the stuff for it and then never finishing the project. 3) This one I stole from BlogZilla/CoffeeHouser but it suits me as well: belly laughter. 4) My friends, all of them. Even Jesse. because when life is just too much of a burden to bear i know I can lean on them and they'll help me get through it. 5) One weekend a year spent drunk and carousing with people I barely know, and having a chance to avoid thinking about everything I have to do when the weekend ends. The SCA.


Five favorite toys: 1) My computer. 2) My car, I love to drive, I hate traffic, but I love driving. 3) Puzzles, I'm one of those people who loves to do puzzles for days at a time. 4) The Internet (this is entirely separate from my computer). 5) Books, I'm a reader and always will be. I've never enjoyed playing with toys as much as reading books.


Five people I tag to do this: I will tag Des because she asked me to. Tammi because if she ever has time to do it we may find ourselves enlightened. Chance because he's been visiting all of us recently and it's time we found out more about him. Mags, just because. And last but not least my sister, Angie, who is way behind the times and needs to build a blog. NOW. So this is a good excuse for it. (You never know, this could work)

Finally I'm done, now I am going to read everyone else's posts, take a bath, read a book, and go to sleep. At least that's what i'm hoping.

4 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

YAY for baths.

I love baths.

Have I mentioned Derek is home?

God, I just feel better when he is here. Having him in Jake's hands is kinda freaky to me. I just have to remember each time...it's ok, he ALWAYS comes back fine.

He's even in a really good mood.

8/28/2005 8:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

A+ on your homework, girl! Couple of questions: 1) What KIND of puzzles? Crossword, jigsaw, rubiks cube, something else? 2)Is dry salami the same as hard salami? Cotto salami is that salami-ish lunch meat with the pepercorns in it, right? And what about summer sausage? How does that fit into the salami scene?

Good post. Thanks for playing.

8/29/2005 4:24 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

jigsaw puzzles and crossword puzzles, but that rubik's piece of crap... I threw it out the car window when I was twelve.

8/29/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

yes. dry and hard salami is the same, cotto is gross.

8/29/2005 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home