Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

9/21/2005

I've Got Nothing

Honest to god I have nothing, not a damned thing to write about. But I feel I owe it to those of you who keep checking during the day to see if I've posted yet.

There, now I've posted.

I'm watching Hitch right now, and last night I watched Diray of a Mad Black Woman. I usually just watch movies, but sometimes there will be a line in a film that just makes sense to me, and I add it into the pile of Ideas in my head. Like in Jerry MacGuire, when he says "you complete me". Yeah it's totally cliche now, and a really pathetically sappy line even the first time. But it makes sense. Everyone wants to find the one person who can make them feel whole, like there's nothing missing in their lives, someone who fills the emptiness in them. In Diary there's a line where she's talking about rebuilding her life after her divorce and she keeps saying "I find myself smiling more, I find myself enjoying the small things, ....." then she realizes, and says "... I found myself." After all those years in her marriage, being his wife, acting the part, doing everything to make him happy, she finally discovered who she really was. It reminds me of Runaway bride too, when Julia Roberts's character fianlly sits down and tries every different kind of eggs to figure out which one is her favorite. She finally discovered who she was, without a man. Personally, I'm with her, eggs benedict are the best ever. I think about this kind of lame stuff while I'm watching movies, sometimes I'm cynical about it, sometimes I'm sentimental about it. But I know that I will never be those women, because I already know myself, I know what I like, what I don't, and no man will ever change that. It makes me glad that I didn't get married to the first guy I fell for, or stay with my baby's daddy for her sake, if I had I wouldn't be me because I never would have gotten to know myself.

Anyway, that was deep. I need to get more sleep. Listen to me babble.
night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

How did you like Hitch? I laughed my badoobies off. Will Smith is just so damned cute. And the dance scene -- hahahahhaha. I liked that movie!

9/22/2005 5:23 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

I liked it, will is awesome.

9/22/2005 7:04 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I liked Hitch. Kinda cheesy and contrived in spots but just what I needed :)

9/22/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, woman! Did you see you made mention in Lori's blog today? I didn't realize she was keeping track of you. Do you read her? Do you even know who I'm talking about? Do you need a link?

So, Mags this weekend? Hmmm?

9/23/2005 3:56 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Knock, knock, oh crap dropped my keys, knock, somebody let me in, I just dropped the wine, it’s rolling down the steps. CaaaRap! Yah, yah, I’m late as usual, and, yes I managed to get myself lost, but I’m here, now…..

Oh if I had a dollar for all of the times I have spewed those words.

Yes I am directionally challenged, but I get around, haha. Z, has been and gone I see. She turned me onto your blog via her blog. Small world aint it?

This was a cool post Ariel, lines from movies that make sense. For some reason when I read this and started thinking about a line from a movie that I had seen that made sense, The Money Pit, the part where Tom Hanks and Shelly Long are filling the bath tub, it falls through the floor and Tom laughs like a deranged seal, that scene made huge sense to me. Sometimes you just HAVE to laugh, especially when things make you crazy.

I love how you speak of knowing yourself. I believe that you are right, many time we lose ourselves in those around us. We are so careful to interpret their moods, their needs, their desires, we forget how to interpret our own. Also, you are right, better to know yourself first and then make the decision about who you want to know, after you know what it is that you want. Oh man that sentence made my gut ache, but you know what I mean.

9/23/2005 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home