Just like fishing
Job hunting is like fishing. I like fishing better though because I get to sit in the sunshine and stare at the water, breathe the fresh air, and if I'm lucky, eat some barbequed trout later on.
The trick with fishing (and job hunting) is to keep baiting your line and throwing it out in different directions until you get a nibble, then wait for a good solid bite before yanking the line to hook'em, after that it's just a matter of reeling them in and firing up the BBQ.
I just got my first nibble. One of the positions I applied for today called (my phone battery was dead though, so I missed it) and asked that I call her in the morning to schedule an interview. She nibbled. When I call her back at exactly 8:15 tomorrow morning, and talk to her in an outgoing, personable, perky (that early in the morning, being perky is a skill) manner, and tell her that I'm available for an interview whenever it is most convenient for her... she'll have a good solid bite. Then the interview should be my chance to reel her in. And...
Voila! Fire up the barbie, baby! I'm bringing home the bacon, or fish, as the case may be.
Okay, it may not be this easy, but I'm hoping. I can't afford to be jobless for long. Besides, this company would be a great opportunity for me.
The trick with fishing (and job hunting) is to keep baiting your line and throwing it out in different directions until you get a nibble, then wait for a good solid bite before yanking the line to hook'em, after that it's just a matter of reeling them in and firing up the BBQ.
I just got my first nibble. One of the positions I applied for today called (my phone battery was dead though, so I missed it) and asked that I call her in the morning to schedule an interview. She nibbled. When I call her back at exactly 8:15 tomorrow morning, and talk to her in an outgoing, personable, perky (that early in the morning, being perky is a skill) manner, and tell her that I'm available for an interview whenever it is most convenient for her... she'll have a good solid bite. Then the interview should be my chance to reel her in. And...
Voila! Fire up the barbie, baby! I'm bringing home the bacon, or fish, as the case may be.
Okay, it may not be this easy, but I'm hoping. I can't afford to be jobless for long. Besides, this company would be a great opportunity for me.

1 Comments:
Symantec also had a job fair this week, you can email or submit your resume online.
Post a Comment
<< Home