Taking a Smoke Break
After driving Mina to school this morning (on purpose this time, cuz we (I) felt like dawdling) I got started on the laundry. I decided to check Mina's room for clothes that needed washing, because her bedframe doesn't touch the wall and she has a habit of taking off her socks in her sleep, so I often find a pile of socks in the crack between bed and wall. She "cleaned" her room this weekend. This translates to "she crammed everything into whatever nook or cranny she could find so that with a quick glance it looks fairly decent but upon closer inspection is a completet sty". So I have been properly cleaning it for her. Garbage is thrown away, socks are out of the crack, books are neatly lined up in the bookshelf, and all that neat tidy orderly stuff. She better grow up to be a creative genius, cuz otherwise I think I'll strangle her for her lack of a sense of order. The good thing is that when I clean her room, I get rid of unnecessary stuff, I throw away old homework assignments, tags from new clothes, clothes that don't fit anymore or have holes but she wears them anyway because they are there. That sort of thing. Every few months her room seriously needs a thorough cleaning.
I admit, I had hoped that it wouldn't be this soon, since I got rid of everything I could think of when we moved. But, such is life. Her room here is smaller than the old one, and she has a computer desk added to it.. there's barely room to move in there. So keeping it clean is a necessity.
Time to tackle the closet...
I admit, I had hoped that it wouldn't be this soon, since I got rid of everything I could think of when we moved. But, such is life. Her room here is smaller than the old one, and she has a computer desk added to it.. there's barely room to move in there. So keeping it clean is a necessity.
Time to tackle the closet...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home