Dear Secret Santa Receptor:
I must apologize for my tardiness in selecting and delivering your gift. I was quite glad to have gotten your name as I read your blog regularly and feel that I know your likes and dislikes fairly well. However, I have as yet been unable to locate/afford any of the several perfect gift ideas that I creatively developed. In other words, I've had some great ideas for ya, but the shopping selection out here sucks ass.
So, I am writing now to alert you that your gift will most likely be late in arriving, but will undoubtedly be absolutely spectacular... if I can ever find it.
Don't panic. If it isn't there by Christmas day you can simply think of it as a New Year's gift instead.
P.S. What the heck is wrong with the world that no one sells Christmas spatulas anymore? ;)
Sincerely,
Your Not-So-Good-At-Keeping-A-Secret Santa
So, I am writing now to alert you that your gift will most likely be late in arriving, but will undoubtedly be absolutely spectacular... if I can ever find it.
Don't panic. If it isn't there by Christmas day you can simply think of it as a New Year's gift instead.
P.S. What the heck is wrong with the world that no one sells Christmas spatulas anymore? ;)
Sincerely,
Your Not-So-Good-At-Keeping-A-Secret Santa

2 Comments:
Ugh.
I'm late with everything this year. In fact, the tree was just decorated tonight. I amazon'd my Secret Santa recipient after reading a blog entry that made it just too easy. Very impersonal of me, I know. I mailed my bloggy Christmas cards this morning. I have yet to start my family and friends cards. I'm not quite done with shopping for the kids, and I really want to do something special for the little daughter of one of Myrtle's single parent friends ... so many to-do's, so little time!
But! I look at it this way: the benefit of giving late is that the gift or card isn't lost in the chaos of Christmas day. Selfish, I know :-)
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment
<< Home