I Wanted to Start My Own Internet Religious Movement
No really, I did.
I had an IDEA. It started wtih me realizing that I wanted to stay home and get to work from home, we need the income of me working, but commuting, child care, and missing out on time at home with Mina are a pain to deal with. I want to help people though. And I want to use my studies in Anthropology in my work.
So I thought, "Why not start an internet religious movement?".
I could stay home and work through the web, my Dad (god bless his crazy anti-disestablishmentarian heart)suggested online counseling, but i'm not a licensed counselor and i'm sure there are regulations about that, and lawsuits are not fun.
But then I thought, people go to their pastors and other religious leaders for counseling and advice all the time, they aren't licensed, they are just ordained.
I'm ordained.
I could start a religious movement via the internet that would work like a blog, in which I would regularly post inspirational thoughts, advice on life, reading suggestions for exploring spirituality, and other such stuff. It would be donation based, and I wouldn't make anyone drink the Kool-Aid. I think it's a great idea, if people will send Pat Roberts money to tell them that they're gonna go to hell, then they should send me money to tell them to be kind to others and the kindness will be returned in full.
Trouble is, I can't seem to get it up and going. I haven't had the creative genius to really start on it.
I should be working on it instead of blogging here, oh well, I'll get to it someday. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea? Or not? Would you be willing to donate to a religious movement that was internet based?
Would you be interested in exploring a religion that was based on acceptance of all forms of worship and understanding and respecting the variety of spirituality in the world?
I'd love some feedback here guys.
I had an IDEA. It started wtih me realizing that I wanted to stay home and get to work from home, we need the income of me working, but commuting, child care, and missing out on time at home with Mina are a pain to deal with. I want to help people though. And I want to use my studies in Anthropology in my work.
So I thought, "Why not start an internet religious movement?".
I could stay home and work through the web, my Dad (god bless his crazy anti-disestablishmentarian heart)suggested online counseling, but i'm not a licensed counselor and i'm sure there are regulations about that, and lawsuits are not fun.
But then I thought, people go to their pastors and other religious leaders for counseling and advice all the time, they aren't licensed, they are just ordained.
I'm ordained.
I could start a religious movement via the internet that would work like a blog, in which I would regularly post inspirational thoughts, advice on life, reading suggestions for exploring spirituality, and other such stuff. It would be donation based, and I wouldn't make anyone drink the Kool-Aid. I think it's a great idea, if people will send Pat Roberts money to tell them that they're gonna go to hell, then they should send me money to tell them to be kind to others and the kindness will be returned in full.
Trouble is, I can't seem to get it up and going. I haven't had the creative genius to really start on it.
I should be working on it instead of blogging here, oh well, I'll get to it someday. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea? Or not? Would you be willing to donate to a religious movement that was internet based?
Would you be interested in exploring a religion that was based on acceptance of all forms of worship and understanding and respecting the variety of spirituality in the world?
I'd love some feedback here guys.

5 Comments:
Would you be interested in exploring a religion that was based on acceptance of all forms of worship and understanding and respecting the variety of spirituality in the world?
Of course. That's why I like the Quakers, plus they believe in the direct link to God, as opposed to linking through priests or saints or symbols or doctrines or rituals.
I'm sure there are people who would like the convenience of web-based religion, but personally, I feel there are some things that are better experienced in the flesh -- sex and tuning into spirituality being two of them.
Good luck!
I have no real spirituality.
Nor do I worship. I think you should be able to make money if he can, but I don't know how he built up "followers". Those people might only still watch TV.
But the closest thing I have to religion is the greek mythology I used to read.
And I don't think that counts.
If it brings in a few Gs a year, I'm for it.
Ther are many people that do everything on their computers. They shop, pay bills, communicate...Why not find religion too. I'm not sure how long it would take to catch on or if you can make money at it.
Your daughter called me yesterday to ask about my coming to her birthday party.
She said something about having it in town here?
Let me know if that is so, cause I'm all over that.
Post a Comment
<< Home