Bargle Fargle Grmph
All World of Warcraft servers are down today. They are doing a hardware upgrade of some type to handle the expansion that's coming out soon. The cool thing is that when the expansion comes out the maximum level that can be reached will go from 60 to 70. This means that the areas that are still out-of-reach for small guilds like mine (such as 20 man instances) will be open for 10 or even 5 man groups. That will be super cool since right now it's very rare that we can get 10 guildies online at the same time, let alone 20.
Anyway, sorry, I'm kind of excited about it because it's going to open up all sorts of play opportunities.
However, I am not amused that the servers are down right now.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
Dad's place is coming along nicely, all the new double-paned insulated windows are in the downstairs rooms now. My sister went out last weekend and helped get the drywall hung in the master bedroom, and on the ceiling of the living room. It still needs to be taped and spackled, and finally painted, but at least it's up and the beams and rafters aren't showing anymore.
Plus, there are no giant holes in the walls. Always a good thing since the rainy season is coming on fast. However, Dad discovered after digging out the mud along the side of the house (from a landslide 10 years back) that the joist holding up that side of the house is terribly rotten. This is not good. And because of the rotten joist, when the washing machine runs it shakes the house quite a bit, including the flexible metal pipe for the gas line.
Dad's really concerned about this. I am too, but I kinda figure that after 10 years of rotting, and shaking, if that pipe hasn't started a fire yet, it's probably not going to. Best to just stick with finishing the tasks we already have onour plate rather than adding to them.
The house is very very old, and hasn't always been well cared for. I kind of expected to find worse damage than this when we started, and have been pleasantly surprised by how sturdy it really is. They really knew how to build them back then.
In other news... I have been really irritable lately. Everything annoys me, and I've started tearing up over little stuff that wouldn't usually bother me. I think it's time to get off the pill. I just don't like how hyper-emotional it makes me. I don't like being snippy with everyone, and feeling depressed and unhappy. I was hoping I'd be okay, but I've definitely noticed the difference. So back to less pleasant forms of birth control for the time being. Sometimes I wonder if birth control isn't the root of many women's irritability, all those men who complain that their wives/girlfriends are so moody and easily annoyed... maybe it's not just the women themselves, maybe they're perfectly calm normal people who have problems due to their birth control. I know for a fact that I'm moodier when on it, and a huge proportion of the population is on some sort of birth control.
Anyway, sorry, I'm kind of excited about it because it's going to open up all sorts of play opportunities.
However, I am not amused that the servers are down right now.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
Dad's place is coming along nicely, all the new double-paned insulated windows are in the downstairs rooms now. My sister went out last weekend and helped get the drywall hung in the master bedroom, and on the ceiling of the living room. It still needs to be taped and spackled, and finally painted, but at least it's up and the beams and rafters aren't showing anymore.
Plus, there are no giant holes in the walls. Always a good thing since the rainy season is coming on fast. However, Dad discovered after digging out the mud along the side of the house (from a landslide 10 years back) that the joist holding up that side of the house is terribly rotten. This is not good. And because of the rotten joist, when the washing machine runs it shakes the house quite a bit, including the flexible metal pipe for the gas line.
Dad's really concerned about this. I am too, but I kinda figure that after 10 years of rotting, and shaking, if that pipe hasn't started a fire yet, it's probably not going to. Best to just stick with finishing the tasks we already have onour plate rather than adding to them.
The house is very very old, and hasn't always been well cared for. I kind of expected to find worse damage than this when we started, and have been pleasantly surprised by how sturdy it really is. They really knew how to build them back then.
In other news... I have been really irritable lately. Everything annoys me, and I've started tearing up over little stuff that wouldn't usually bother me. I think it's time to get off the pill. I just don't like how hyper-emotional it makes me. I don't like being snippy with everyone, and feeling depressed and unhappy. I was hoping I'd be okay, but I've definitely noticed the difference. So back to less pleasant forms of birth control for the time being. Sometimes I wonder if birth control isn't the root of many women's irritability, all those men who complain that their wives/girlfriends are so moody and easily annoyed... maybe it's not just the women themselves, maybe they're perfectly calm normal people who have problems due to their birth control. I know for a fact that I'm moodier when on it, and a huge proportion of the population is on some sort of birth control.

6 Comments:
Glad Dad's house is coming along. He is blessed to have all of you helping him. :)
I think I was more moody when I went off the pill. I took it for 15 years. When I stopped, I had a lot of female problems. I truly think the pill caused them. I certainly agree it's not good to stay on them for too long.
Becky
Discovering that your house is rotting from the ground up isn't much fun. When I took down the drywall in my basement last year, I discovered that a lot of the wall studs (load-bearing!?!) were completely termite-rotted away at the bottom, and not even touching the ground. On the bright side, houses don't simply collapse, they SAG first, so unless you have serious cracks in your walls from the sagging, you're probably okay. Throw in some extra 2x4's or a 4x4 if you can, and you're probably good for another 100 years... Just make sure you solve the water-leakage problem that's causing the rot.
As for the birth control...
Aren't there different varieties of "the pill"? Maybe you'd have better luck with a different one.
Topical birth control sucks, especially if it's only pregnancy you're worried about. Ask your doctor if he/she has any suggestions.
And don't try the "foam". Seriously. Don't.
lol, ok, I'll take your word for it Segue. No foam for me.
Definitely gonna get off the hormones tho, they just fuck with me.
I hate the less pleasant birth controls. Too much.
Am I more irritable? More sensitive? I've always been sensitive and being on some form of birth control for much of the last almost 9 years...I can't say how different I might have been. Before that I was pregnant, so I WAS more emotional then.
And before that I was a teenager, and VERY emotional.
Maybe it's a good thing I can't tell a difference.
You do have to wonder if it messes a LOT of women up. =S
Better than no birth control. Better to have a choice at least. THANK GOD...or THANK SOMEONE. =)
Couple of things -- I used to get periodically snarky on the combination Pill, too. Switched to a super-low dose estrogen only type and no more periodic bitch-on-wheels, but honestly, I didn't want to be on it for the rest of my life so I quit it altogether a few years ago. Every time I OOPS, I worry. You'll figure out what's right for you.
About that joist -- the house I've been remodelling had to be jacked up off the foundation so that a few rotten joists, as well as some (can't remember what it's called, but it's the lumber that rests between the foundation and the actual house) other rotten crap, could be replaced. I was amazed at the minimal disruption and how inexpensive (relatively inexpensive, that is) it was. It took less than a day with only two guys working on it, and the lumber was cheaper than the labor. Just something to think about. But I wouldn't worry about a fire -- unless you smell gas, that is.
Does Dad have carbon monoxide detectors in place? Might be a good precaution :-)
Don't do the patch please, it releases 60 percent more estrogen into your system than the pill and it is absorbed into your body differently too. Patch=bad shit period.
Condoms are about the least obnoxious, foam has a tendency to burn the man, as do those vaginal contraceptive films...
Reminds me, once my oldest son and I were at Wal-mart in the pharmacy section and he says, "Look mom, some dink replaced the vaginal contraceptive film boxes with vaginal CLEANING film boxes...I predict there will be a lot of pregnant chicks walking around town in the near future with very clean vaginas." He is such a shit ass, funny but a shit ass non the less.
xx, Lori
Post a Comment
<< Home