Book Meme
Think the shoe meme post caught Zilla's attention. She tagged me for two memes. :)
1) A book that changed my life: Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. Most definitely stirred my interest in anthropology, and changed the way I see the world.
2) A book that I've read more than once: How many can I do? Ireread a lot of romance novels, they're all basically the same anyway. But the book I've reread the most times (roughly 15) is Ariel by Steven R. Boyett. Gotta be my favorite book ever.
3) A book I'd take to a deserted island: Hmm, probably either a Dickens novel of some type, because by the time I actually finished it I would be rescued, or Shogun by James Clavell, because it's longer than any Dickens novel but much more entertaining.
4) A book that made me laugh: How about a whole series? The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
5) A book that made me cry: Alot of books have made me cry, but I think the one that made me cry the most was A Summer to Die by Judy Blume? or was it Lois Lowry?... anyway, one of those young girls' literature writers.
6) A book I wish had been/would hurry up and get written: The next Harry Potter book. I am totally addicted to Harry Potter, the movies are crap compared to the books.
7) A book that should never have been written: um, there is no book that Ican think of that should never have been written, if a book dealt with a subject that I found distasteful, then I have to give it credit for showing that I found it distasteful. If a book was just badly written, at least I learned what bad writing was from it. If it was just plain stupid, then at least there's something out there for stupid people to read. Every book has a purpose. (If I have to choose one, I'd say the Anarchist's Cookbook, simply because people have chosen to misuse it).
8) A book I'm currently reading: While I usually am reading between 2 and 4 books at any given time, right now I am only reading one (because I finished the shamanism book) Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey.
9) A book I'm planning to read/I've procrastinated finishing: Ya know, I'm not really sure, I haven't procrastinated reading anything lately, not since I finished reading London: The Novel by Edward Rutherford (took well over a year to read that one). And I've read everything in the house that I have any interest in... so I guess my next read will be whatever pops up next.
10) Who I'm tagging next: (participation is always optional) Des, Tammi, and Jenn.
1) A book that changed my life: Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. Most definitely stirred my interest in anthropology, and changed the way I see the world.
2) A book that I've read more than once: How many can I do? Ireread a lot of romance novels, they're all basically the same anyway. But the book I've reread the most times (roughly 15) is Ariel by Steven R. Boyett. Gotta be my favorite book ever.
3) A book I'd take to a deserted island: Hmm, probably either a Dickens novel of some type, because by the time I actually finished it I would be rescued, or Shogun by James Clavell, because it's longer than any Dickens novel but much more entertaining.
4) A book that made me laugh: How about a whole series? The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
5) A book that made me cry: Alot of books have made me cry, but I think the one that made me cry the most was A Summer to Die by Judy Blume? or was it Lois Lowry?... anyway, one of those young girls' literature writers.
6) A book I wish had been/would hurry up and get written: The next Harry Potter book. I am totally addicted to Harry Potter, the movies are crap compared to the books.
7) A book that should never have been written: um, there is no book that Ican think of that should never have been written, if a book dealt with a subject that I found distasteful, then I have to give it credit for showing that I found it distasteful. If a book was just badly written, at least I learned what bad writing was from it. If it was just plain stupid, then at least there's something out there for stupid people to read. Every book has a purpose. (If I have to choose one, I'd say the Anarchist's Cookbook, simply because people have chosen to misuse it).
8) A book I'm currently reading: While I usually am reading between 2 and 4 books at any given time, right now I am only reading one (because I finished the shamanism book) Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey.
9) A book I'm planning to read/I've procrastinated finishing: Ya know, I'm not really sure, I haven't procrastinated reading anything lately, not since I finished reading London: The Novel by Edward Rutherford (took well over a year to read that one). And I've read everything in the house that I have any interest in... so I guess my next read will be whatever pops up next.
10) Who I'm tagging next: (participation is always optional) Des, Tammi, and Jenn.

3 Comments:
Definitely Lois Lowry. =)
It's sad. =S
I shall get to it today, or try to. Soon. =)
I am loving Ishmael; forgot I was in the middle of it until you reminded me. I wonder where I put it!?!
I'm a bit miffed that the last Harry Potter book isn't coming out until next summer.
Did you hear they tried to make J.K. Rowling hand over the manuscript before boarding a plane back to the UK? Nice try, U.S. airline. Nice try.
Post a Comment
<< Home