Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

8/09/2006

True Dreaming

I had an eye-opening dream the other night.

In my dream, I came home from my trip to Dad's and Aaron said he had a surprise for me, he had rearranged the office so we would have more space. He was very proud of himself for coming up with a creative solution to the cramped office space. Yet, before he even opened the door to show me, I was formulating all these reasons in my head why it wouldn't work and had to be put back the way it was before. Then he opened the door and showed me and I was right, it was completely unsuitable because he had turned the office into a deck, with walls around it, but only the half that his computer desk was in had a roof, my side was open air. And my desk was very far away from his so that if we watched a movie on his computer I'd have to get up and go sit over at his comp to see it, plus he added big cushy chairs in front of his comp, while my chair was the same stiff office chair as always.
I felt very uncomfortable that things had been changed. I felt like even though he tried to do something nice for me, all he ended up doing was making me uncomfortable and improving his own situation.
It was weird. I woke up thinking that it was so typical of me to have someone do something nice for me and it just making me uncomfortable, and how I was always so stubborn and had such a hard time with change, unless it was my idea to make the change. I was disappointed in myself for already having come up with several reasons it wouldn't do, before he even opened the door.

It was a very true dream, and very frustrating to know it was true, and not know how to change that part of me that has such a difficult time with change and accepting a good deed done for my sake.

4 Comments:

Blogger beckyboop said...

It's great when someone does something nice for you. Cherish it and show your appreciation. That someone will love that you loved it.

Becky :)

8/10/2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

I get uncomfortable when people are nice too.
Doesn't make any sense. =(

8/12/2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
Parental control digital explorer 3100 descrambler Classroom tardiness problem play bingo online slim slots Los angeles mesotherapy gmc mortgage Computer mouse cartoon Irish washer women ''lyrics '' Lawrence ks law offices becky geiss Beach county palm tax 2000 pontiac montana vardenafil trial Insta-matic refrigerator parts

8/16/2006 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

3/04/2007 3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home