I Can't Save the World
I want to though.
I want Neva to find a good man.
Iwant Tammi's financial problems to be solved.
I want Ben to ask Des to marry him, and her to have a job that really appreciates her.
I want Bonnie's husband to be the man she thought she married, and not threaten to leave her at the drop of a hat.
I want Heather to write her novel without Word crashing on her.
I want Jen to get her beautiful new house and leave the POS mobile home behind her.
I want my mom, brother, sister, niece, other assorted relatives to be happy in their lives.
I want to give a home to all the unwanted children/pets of the world.
I've always been a needy bitch, why can't I get what I want?
I have just come to the realization that I can't make all of this happen, no matter how much I want to save the world, I just can't do it.
And I'm sorry for that, I wish that I could, that I could just wave some magic wand and make everyone's lives better.
Maybe just verbalizing (textualizing?) this desire will be enough, maybe I can look at this post as an order being placed to the Desires Wearhouse... and who knows? Maybe they have overnight shipping.
But I'm not paying extra for it.
Please excuse this post's randomness, I've been rather down today (Ithink it's PMS) and it just seemed like the right thing to say when it seems like everyone is sharing their troubles with me and I feel worthless because of my inability to help.
I'm sorry.
I want Neva to find a good man.
Iwant Tammi's financial problems to be solved.
I want Ben to ask Des to marry him, and her to have a job that really appreciates her.
I want Bonnie's husband to be the man she thought she married, and not threaten to leave her at the drop of a hat.
I want Heather to write her novel without Word crashing on her.
I want Jen to get her beautiful new house and leave the POS mobile home behind her.
I want my mom, brother, sister, niece, other assorted relatives to be happy in their lives.
I want to give a home to all the unwanted children/pets of the world.
I've always been a needy bitch, why can't I get what I want?
I have just come to the realization that I can't make all of this happen, no matter how much I want to save the world, I just can't do it.
And I'm sorry for that, I wish that I could, that I could just wave some magic wand and make everyone's lives better.
Maybe just verbalizing (textualizing?) this desire will be enough, maybe I can look at this post as an order being placed to the Desires Wearhouse... and who knows? Maybe they have overnight shipping.
But I'm not paying extra for it.
Please excuse this post's randomness, I've been rather down today (Ithink it's PMS) and it just seemed like the right thing to say when it seems like everyone is sharing their troubles with me and I feel worthless because of my inability to help.
I'm sorry.

3 Comments:
Ditto mom97402us! We do not call this "neediness" in the midwest. We call it giving a damn about others. It's a nice trait, although sometimes the others we care about are "needy" and they take advantage of us. But you don't seem to be anybody's doormat so that doesn't apply.
Here's what I want: I want the world to save itself so Ariel can spend a day at the beach.
YAY! The Beach. I am getting beyond the marriage thing, at least for now. Everywhere I look, people are getting divorced, or don't have the right kind of relationship, and I am just thankful everytime I see something that Ben does that other people might not think about.
Who needs marriage anyhow? In my family, it only seemed to screw things up.
I think I know 2 girls who are happily married. That would be Jenn and Tara (from work, at least for the most part, they argue, but they've been together for 10 years), everyone else is either divorced, or going through a divorce. Or never married, and don't seem to care.
if you're sorry, you're PMS'ing.
if you'd said all that without apologizing, you'd just be a needy blogger like the rest of us *grin*
Post a Comment
<< Home