I'm Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today!
Talk about crappy days.
Not only did we have work today, but we worked so-called "holiday" hours. Let me tell ya they are no holiday for us.
Usually the center doesn't open till 10 on a Monday. Today we were open from 8 till 2, kinda weird since the buses were on Sunday schedule and didn't start running until like 9.
Usually we also have an hour long meeting Monday mornings before we open.
i didn't pick up my schedule on friday before I went home, so I figured that just in case I was supposed to open before the meeting I should get there at 6:30 (8 o'clock-1 hr. meeting-30 min. opening=6:30). If nothing else I'd only be a half hour early.
I AM DUMB.
I got up at 5:30 this morning. Dropped Mina off at Jen's, and picked up some coffee on my way to work. I sat outside in the cold drinking my coffee for about 45 minutes before I decided that something had gone terribly wrong. At 7:15 Shawna showed up since she was the opening phlebotomist, ten minutes later Cindy showed up to open the front. They informed me that there was no meeting today, and I didn't open. I had gotten there an hour and a half early.
So I went in out of the cold for a few minutes while they opened up, then Shaun popped up to ask me if I would drive out to Springfield to pick up Daren (the lab guy) since he was scheduled on at 8, and he rides the bus, meaning he wouldn't be able to get there until at least 9:30.
So with a long-suffering-I-got-up-at-5:30-for-this-crap?! sigh I went to pick him up.
Luckily me and Daren get along pretty well, we drove back to work in good spirits chit-chatting about our kids's schools. I clocked in at 8:08, went up front to find there were two, count'em, TWO donors waiting to be processed. we all piddled around for a while, then cindy took her first break at 9:15, and sent me home at 9:30.
So, in summary, I:
Got up at 5:30 am.
Paid for 3 hours of child care.
Spent my gas to pick up someone else.
Then got sent home after only being paid for 1 1/2 hours of work.
What kinda crap is this?!
The good thing is that I got to come home and take a nice long nap.
Not only did we have work today, but we worked so-called "holiday" hours. Let me tell ya they are no holiday for us.
Usually the center doesn't open till 10 on a Monday. Today we were open from 8 till 2, kinda weird since the buses were on Sunday schedule and didn't start running until like 9.
Usually we also have an hour long meeting Monday mornings before we open.
i didn't pick up my schedule on friday before I went home, so I figured that just in case I was supposed to open before the meeting I should get there at 6:30 (8 o'clock-1 hr. meeting-30 min. opening=6:30). If nothing else I'd only be a half hour early.
I AM DUMB.
I got up at 5:30 this morning. Dropped Mina off at Jen's, and picked up some coffee on my way to work. I sat outside in the cold drinking my coffee for about 45 minutes before I decided that something had gone terribly wrong. At 7:15 Shawna showed up since she was the opening phlebotomist, ten minutes later Cindy showed up to open the front. They informed me that there was no meeting today, and I didn't open. I had gotten there an hour and a half early.
So I went in out of the cold for a few minutes while they opened up, then Shaun popped up to ask me if I would drive out to Springfield to pick up Daren (the lab guy) since he was scheduled on at 8, and he rides the bus, meaning he wouldn't be able to get there until at least 9:30.
So with a long-suffering-I-got-up-at-5:30-for-this-crap?! sigh I went to pick him up.
Luckily me and Daren get along pretty well, we drove back to work in good spirits chit-chatting about our kids's schools. I clocked in at 8:08, went up front to find there were two, count'em, TWO donors waiting to be processed. we all piddled around for a while, then cindy took her first break at 9:15, and sent me home at 9:30.
So, in summary, I:
Got up at 5:30 am.
Paid for 3 hours of child care.
Spent my gas to pick up someone else.
Then got sent home after only being paid for 1 1/2 hours of work.
What kinda crap is this?!
The good thing is that I got to come home and take a nice long nap.

2 Comments:
You aren’t dumb sweetie, you just got your wires crossed. I would have been totally steaming about the entire situation if it had happened to me and you chose to look at it in a positive light, and take a nap. Good on ya!
It seems to me that Daren could have offered to pay for the gas? Did he at least say thanks? We're paying $2.99 now, down from $3.55. In the seventies when we were all first driving, in the middle of Jimmy Carter & the energy crisis, we were always kicking in for gas. Always. Parents were reminding kids to pony up for fuel just as often as they were reminding kids to do their homework, eat their beets, hang up their jackets and wipe their feet.
Kicking in for gas is just good manners!
Post a Comment
<< Home