Basic Training
They are supposed to start training me for the Quality Supervisor position next week some time.
Yeah right.
Today they had me training a new donor processor, even though I'm not a certified trainer, and Patty was discussing having me certified so that I actually could do it without getting into trouble.
I don't want to train people to do a job that I don't even know that well, I'm really not a very good teacher. I have very little patience with people when they don't understand what I am trying to tell them. My trainee today, Alyssa, wasn't too bad but I could have done without her "I-already-know-all-of-this-stuff" attitude. It's annoying when you try to teach someone and they don't pay any attention because they think they already know it all.
Speaking of knowing it all, bonnie has a pointless question for everyone:
Why do they put the little colored dots up the back of yogurt containers?
(Get a yogurt container, you'll see what I'm talking about. Especially Yoplait.)
Yeah right.
Today they had me training a new donor processor, even though I'm not a certified trainer, and Patty was discussing having me certified so that I actually could do it without getting into trouble.
I don't want to train people to do a job that I don't even know that well, I'm really not a very good teacher. I have very little patience with people when they don't understand what I am trying to tell them. My trainee today, Alyssa, wasn't too bad but I could have done without her "I-already-know-all-of-this-stuff" attitude. It's annoying when you try to teach someone and they don't pay any attention because they think they already know it all.
Speaking of knowing it all, bonnie has a pointless question for everyone:
Why do they put the little colored dots up the back of yogurt containers?
(Get a yogurt container, you'll see what I'm talking about. Especially Yoplait.)

6 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I have no yogurt, so I got nothing.
Maybe so.........
I told you I really got nothing, but I think it has to do with midgets....um, vertically challenged people?
why? what?
how would the little dots relate to little people in any way, shape, or form?
I don't KNOW for sure, it's just a theory. You got anything better?
OOOOOO! BLOG ADMINISTRATOR. Doesn't that sound almost as good as "expert"?
I'm out of yogurt but my first off-the-cuff guess without a yogurt container to guide me is this: these are the dots that show the 100% saturation colors of the four-color printing process. All of the colors on the container are built from verious percentages of blue, yellow, red and black. If there is a little gun-site looking thingy close by (a circle with a cross through it) then I am probably right. This would be the printer's registration mark, the mark that tells him weather his plates are lined up correctly.
I hope I am right.
I hope that degree in graphic design was not a complete waste of time and money.
Post a Comment
<< Home