It's 11:30, Why Am I Still Here?
My toilet is broken.
I noticed it a while ago, it's making a weird hissing noise, like a sickly snake.
I tried flushing it, but it wouldn't flush. Why? Because the tank wasn't filling. Why wasn't the tank filling you ask? Because there's no water going into it. Huh? Yeah, my thought exactly. The water is turned on under the toilet, it's running in other parts of the house. It just isn't getting from the wall faucet to the tank.
I am completely at a loss. I think I may actually have to call Gale tomorrowto fix it.
This is a rare thing. My property manager and I are on very good terms because I bake him cookies and don't ask him to do stupid stuff like change my light bulbs for me. He likes the fact that I can fix most of the stuff around my house without needing him, with the exception of anything that involves power tools since I don't own any.
I have had to call him for repairs three times in the past 2 1/2 years. Every time it was because of the kitchen sink. The first Christmas I was here it started leaking on Christmas eve while I was defrosting a turkey. The second Christmas the same thing happened although it was two days before Christmas. Then this summer one of the seals broke and it started spraying water all across my kitchen. Gale was relieved that it happened during the summer, figuring that this meant that I wouldn't be calling him during his Christmas vacation this year. I guess he was jumping a bit ahead of the game, cuz now I have to call him again about the toilet. And with my luck the sink will go out again over Christmas.
Poor Gale.
I'm going with Des to take a pile of kids to the park tomorrow. Maybe I'll have something exciting to report then. For now, there's nothing good on TV and I'm gonna try to read some more of my book that I've been reading since May. It's been slow going, plus I put it down to read the Bruce Campbell book and Harry Potter. Maybe I'll finish it some day.
G'Night.
I noticed it a while ago, it's making a weird hissing noise, like a sickly snake.
I tried flushing it, but it wouldn't flush. Why? Because the tank wasn't filling. Why wasn't the tank filling you ask? Because there's no water going into it. Huh? Yeah, my thought exactly. The water is turned on under the toilet, it's running in other parts of the house. It just isn't getting from the wall faucet to the tank.
I am completely at a loss. I think I may actually have to call Gale tomorrowto fix it.
This is a rare thing. My property manager and I are on very good terms because I bake him cookies and don't ask him to do stupid stuff like change my light bulbs for me. He likes the fact that I can fix most of the stuff around my house without needing him, with the exception of anything that involves power tools since I don't own any.
I have had to call him for repairs three times in the past 2 1/2 years. Every time it was because of the kitchen sink. The first Christmas I was here it started leaking on Christmas eve while I was defrosting a turkey. The second Christmas the same thing happened although it was two days before Christmas. Then this summer one of the seals broke and it started spraying water all across my kitchen. Gale was relieved that it happened during the summer, figuring that this meant that I wouldn't be calling him during his Christmas vacation this year. I guess he was jumping a bit ahead of the game, cuz now I have to call him again about the toilet. And with my luck the sink will go out again over Christmas.
Poor Gale.
I'm going with Des to take a pile of kids to the park tomorrow. Maybe I'll have something exciting to report then. For now, there's nothing good on TV and I'm gonna try to read some more of my book that I've been reading since May. It's been slow going, plus I put it down to read the Bruce Campbell book and Harry Potter. Maybe I'll finish it some day.
G'Night.

1 Comments:
Of course you opened the lid on the tank to make sure the stopper is engaging correctly so that the tank can fill with water for the next flush? Of course you did. So, what else could it be?
Have you googled "my toilet hisses like a sickly snake and refuses to flush?"
Post a Comment
<< Home