The Bad
Thursday morning I woke up at 8:30, got dressed, kissed Mags goodbye, and headed up north to Washington for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I got there at about 10:30 and was amazed at Shaun's house, they recently bought it and have been doing a lot of remodeling on the 1915 Victorian mansion. It's fucking gorgeous. I'll post pictures soon.
The turkey didn't get done until 3, so I was conscripted into fixing everyone's computers until it finished cooking.
When it did finish we all sat down to our meal and I ate as little as I could get away with as quickly as I could and ended up leaving before dessert so that I could get back on the highway before dark and drive the 3+ hours home in time to get to bed early so I could be at work the next morning.
The drive back was miserable, it was not only raining but foggy at the same time. If not for the taillights of the guy in front of me I wouldn't have been able to stay on the road at all.
That is definitely 3 hours I would never want to have to relive.
I got home and went to bed, went to work Friday, and Saturday and then drove out to my dad's Saturday night.
I didn't even get to have pie. Or leftover turkey sandwiches. Or have champagne with my Thanksgiving dinner because I had to drive.
What a letdown.
The turkey didn't get done until 3, so I was conscripted into fixing everyone's computers until it finished cooking.
When it did finish we all sat down to our meal and I ate as little as I could get away with as quickly as I could and ended up leaving before dessert so that I could get back on the highway before dark and drive the 3+ hours home in time to get to bed early so I could be at work the next morning.
The drive back was miserable, it was not only raining but foggy at the same time. If not for the taillights of the guy in front of me I wouldn't have been able to stay on the road at all.
That is definitely 3 hours I would never want to have to relive.
I got home and went to bed, went to work Friday, and Saturday and then drove out to my dad's Saturday night.
I didn't even get to have pie. Or leftover turkey sandwiches. Or have champagne with my Thanksgiving dinner because I had to drive.
What a letdown.

3 Comments:
Awww, no leftovers? That so completely sucks. Maybe next year.
I'll make you a turkey honey.
Just let me know when.
I Know the feeling. I have been jonesing for left over bird myself. I bought one and cooked, had to stay up half the night, but it's cooked and it's devine....
Post a Comment
<< Home