The Good
Wednesday went particularly well for me. Tuesday night my sister and her kids stayed at my house before driving up to Washington on Wednesday morning. We had Chinese food and got to relax and have a fun evening together. She even brought me the newest Laurie Notaro book since we are both such big fans. And she informed me that Laurie recently moved to Eugene. Yay! That's almost as cool as Bruce Campbell living in Ashland.
Wednesday morning I went to work for a half an hour. I know, that seems really stupid. My boss insisted on it though, because if I didn't work a scheduled shift on Wednesday and Friday I wouldn't get the holiday pay for Thursday. So I came in at 9:30 and opened up the front and then left for my two day vacation.
I sat around the house for a while, took a long bath, packed a few things, read some of my book, then finally got bored at about 1:30 and decided to leave a little early. I hadn't planned on leaving until about 3 because it's only an hour and a half drive to get to Mags's place, and he wasn't gonna be off work until 5. But I'm glad that I got bored and left early cuz once I got on the freeway I realized my mistake. I had not calculated holiday traffic into the equation! Those people are MANIACS! I got on the freeway at about 2, and decided to be safe by staying in the slow lane (which I hate because everytime someone wants in I have to avoid being crushed by them). I rode along at about 60 mph (as opposed to my usual 85 mph)for a half hour or so before everything suddenly came to a grinding halt. Traffic was backed up and moving about 5 miles per hour. So, for the next hour I sat back, listened to my music, bellowed along with the lyrics, smoked, drank my soda and nibbled on my bag of Chex mix. The whole time smiling and laughing my ass off at all the pissed off drivers to my left who were once going 90 down the highway and had been reduced to 5 mile an hour teeter tottering next to my overly happy ass. I smiled, I waved, I let people in front of me, who then jumped into the fast lane only to see me pass them in the slow lane ten minutes (and about 400 feet down the road) later.
It was great, and I was glad as hell, when I drove past three accidents, that I had left early enough to make it to my destination safely and on time.
In fact, despite the fact that the drive took me 2 and a half hours I was still early enough to stop and pick up Taco Bell before Mags got home from work.
The two of us headed off to the concert and had a great time.
For my first concert... it was AWESOME! Gwen was just great, she really put on a good show. And she's even cuter in real life. Mostly because she's not as skinny in real life as she is on screen. They use camera lenses that make her look skinnier. To all the women out there wishing they looked like Gwen stefani... my guess is she's either a size 8 or 10. Not a 4.
She's got great legs though. Mags and I both spent the rest of the night talking about her legs, and how if one of us called the other Gwen in the middle of the night it should not be taken as an insult.
He not only spoiled me by taking me to the concert but he also bought me a hoodie from it. I have the best boyfriend ever. He explained that he got me a large not because I'm large or anything but because he thought I would prefer it, which I do. And I prefer having an oversized hoodie to having a teeny tiny tank top that doesn't cover my nipples and that I wouldn't dare wear in public for fear of being arrested for indecent exposure.
That was my good day. I fell asleep smiling and woke up the next morning smiling as well.
Wednesday morning I went to work for a half an hour. I know, that seems really stupid. My boss insisted on it though, because if I didn't work a scheduled shift on Wednesday and Friday I wouldn't get the holiday pay for Thursday. So I came in at 9:30 and opened up the front and then left for my two day vacation.
I sat around the house for a while, took a long bath, packed a few things, read some of my book, then finally got bored at about 1:30 and decided to leave a little early. I hadn't planned on leaving until about 3 because it's only an hour and a half drive to get to Mags's place, and he wasn't gonna be off work until 5. But I'm glad that I got bored and left early cuz once I got on the freeway I realized my mistake. I had not calculated holiday traffic into the equation! Those people are MANIACS! I got on the freeway at about 2, and decided to be safe by staying in the slow lane (which I hate because everytime someone wants in I have to avoid being crushed by them). I rode along at about 60 mph (as opposed to my usual 85 mph)for a half hour or so before everything suddenly came to a grinding halt. Traffic was backed up and moving about 5 miles per hour. So, for the next hour I sat back, listened to my music, bellowed along with the lyrics, smoked, drank my soda and nibbled on my bag of Chex mix. The whole time smiling and laughing my ass off at all the pissed off drivers to my left who were once going 90 down the highway and had been reduced to 5 mile an hour teeter tottering next to my overly happy ass. I smiled, I waved, I let people in front of me, who then jumped into the fast lane only to see me pass them in the slow lane ten minutes (and about 400 feet down the road) later.
It was great, and I was glad as hell, when I drove past three accidents, that I had left early enough to make it to my destination safely and on time.
In fact, despite the fact that the drive took me 2 and a half hours I was still early enough to stop and pick up Taco Bell before Mags got home from work.
The two of us headed off to the concert and had a great time.
For my first concert... it was AWESOME! Gwen was just great, she really put on a good show. And she's even cuter in real life. Mostly because she's not as skinny in real life as she is on screen. They use camera lenses that make her look skinnier. To all the women out there wishing they looked like Gwen stefani... my guess is she's either a size 8 or 10. Not a 4.
She's got great legs though. Mags and I both spent the rest of the night talking about her legs, and how if one of us called the other Gwen in the middle of the night it should not be taken as an insult.
He not only spoiled me by taking me to the concert but he also bought me a hoodie from it. I have the best boyfriend ever. He explained that he got me a large not because I'm large or anything but because he thought I would prefer it, which I do. And I prefer having an oversized hoodie to having a teeny tiny tank top that doesn't cover my nipples and that I wouldn't dare wear in public for fear of being arrested for indecent exposure.
That was my good day. I fell asleep smiling and woke up the next morning smiling as well.

6 Comments:
She was honestly "thick waisted", not fat. But athletically thick. She probably had a 28 to 30 inch waist.
I am not kidding. I was totally shocked.
Sounds like you had the wonderful time that you so greatly deserved. Glad to hear it!
YAY, FUN!
Glad to hear she isn't scary thin. :)
I love going to concerts, sounds like you do too. But then again, WHO doesn't?
Good on ya.
Mmmmm Gwen legs....
Post a Comment
<< Home