Calling it Quits
I think I've done my homemaker's duty for the day. Cleaned Mina's room, our room (that was easy), did 7 loads of laundry, and generally tidied up the house. Mina will be home in 20 minutes, and then we have to go pick Aaron up at work... the truck's still not working.
Laundry might not seem like a big deal, but it is when you have to sit on the washer through each and every spin cycle. No matter how I arrange the clothes they still go off-balance in a heartbeat and then when they spin they come out soaking wet. So, I've started sitting on one corner of the washer while it spins, to keep it balanced. Sad, I know. (Even worse, it isn't turning me on anymore. :)). So I spent a large part of today sitting on the washer staring out the back window. Anybody watching me today would've had quite a laugh.
To see me folding clothes at the dining room table...then the thumping would start and I'd dash through the house and jump on the washer and sit there, staring, pondering the meaning of life, until it came to a screeching halt. Hopping down, transferring the clothes to the dryer, the dry clothes to the basket, putting in another load to wash, going back to the table to fold the dry clothes and then repeating the process all over.
I'm chuckling now, thinking about it. It is pretty funny.
Hope everyone else is finding new ways to turn the usual into something fun.
:)
Laundry might not seem like a big deal, but it is when you have to sit on the washer through each and every spin cycle. No matter how I arrange the clothes they still go off-balance in a heartbeat and then when they spin they come out soaking wet. So, I've started sitting on one corner of the washer while it spins, to keep it balanced. Sad, I know. (Even worse, it isn't turning me on anymore. :)). So I spent a large part of today sitting on the washer staring out the back window. Anybody watching me today would've had quite a laugh.
To see me folding clothes at the dining room table...then the thumping would start and I'd dash through the house and jump on the washer and sit there, staring, pondering the meaning of life, until it came to a screeching halt. Hopping down, transferring the clothes to the dryer, the dry clothes to the basket, putting in another load to wash, going back to the table to fold the dry clothes and then repeating the process all over.
I'm chuckling now, thinking about it. It is pretty funny.
Hope everyone else is finding new ways to turn the usual into something fun.
:)

2 Comments:
Have you tried leveling the washing machine?
Put a sign on it like the "footsie-Wootsie" machines at the mall:
Butsy-Whutsie massage 25 Cents. Then laugh cause you're gettin freebies!
Post a Comment
<< Home