How have I been?
Leave it to Ange to ask the one question I'm not so sure I should answer just now.
A little surprised I still remembered my Blogger ID and password, though...
I have been crazy. I sleep an average of 5 hours a night thanks to the little one who believes that 5 am is the optimal wake up time. I am going nuts trying to stay sane despite the combination of boredom and chaos that makes up my days (he's teething, a lot). And Aaron got laid off from his job of 8 years last week. We were within viewing distance of reaching a point where we'd have some extra money to put into savings and now? Now we are panicking. 8 weeks severance to get us through until he finds a new job, but after the way he was treated at that place and then tossed out with no warning I think he's in a place right now where he just doesn't want to go back to a job. It's a scary place to be. We need to start saving to cover our bills when the severance runs out, but we can't apply for assistance until we've received less than normal pay for 3 months. When I saw the e-mail saying I had a comment here today I was in the middle of trying to figure out how to shave $2,000 off our budget next month, and I just can't seem to do it, i only managed to shave off $800.
If only it had been next year, the house would be paid off, my perkins loans would be paid, and the car would almost be paid. I am fairly certain this was the worst possible timing ever.
I am still here though, the kids are still here and doing great, Aaron is still awesome even though he may not feel so awesome just now. Times of stress are when I shine the most, but I still hate them.
A little surprised I still remembered my Blogger ID and password, though...
I have been crazy. I sleep an average of 5 hours a night thanks to the little one who believes that 5 am is the optimal wake up time. I am going nuts trying to stay sane despite the combination of boredom and chaos that makes up my days (he's teething, a lot). And Aaron got laid off from his job of 8 years last week. We were within viewing distance of reaching a point where we'd have some extra money to put into savings and now? Now we are panicking. 8 weeks severance to get us through until he finds a new job, but after the way he was treated at that place and then tossed out with no warning I think he's in a place right now where he just doesn't want to go back to a job. It's a scary place to be. We need to start saving to cover our bills when the severance runs out, but we can't apply for assistance until we've received less than normal pay for 3 months. When I saw the e-mail saying I had a comment here today I was in the middle of trying to figure out how to shave $2,000 off our budget next month, and I just can't seem to do it, i only managed to shave off $800.
If only it had been next year, the house would be paid off, my perkins loans would be paid, and the car would almost be paid. I am fairly certain this was the worst possible timing ever.
I am still here though, the kids are still here and doing great, Aaron is still awesome even though he may not feel so awesome just now. Times of stress are when I shine the most, but I still hate them.

7 Comments:
Not gonna say I'm sorry I asked, because you're a strong woman who loves her family. You'll make magic happen.
Got any ideas brewing?
Can we help?
Not really, unless you happen to know someone in the Portland area who's looking for a determined, detail-oriented IT manager? I'm still not really certain what job skills that translates into...
Thanks for asking though.
He might sleep later if his bedtime wasn't so early.
Oh. THAT's helpful, Jenn.
Jesus damned Christ, I hope Jenn isn't your best friend or sister or something.
Tough times for everyone. I'll keep a good thought for you & yours, Ariel.
I hate the damned economy. I keep hearing "don't worry" at work, but then they do something else that makes me worry. Like deciding NO ONE gets a raise this year. But at this point, I'm lucky as hell to have a job, so that's really my only focus.
Guess it's time for me to ask again.
:)
Are you my acting blog scheduler now Ange? lol
Post a Comment
<< Home