Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

11/03/2009

First Birthdays and Last Nerves

Alex's first birthday was on Halloween. Chaos. It's the only way to explain the absolute havoc of trying to prepare for a baby birthday and Halloween in one day, managing guests, gifts, cakes, cleaning, and the kids. WHY did I do that to myself?! And guess what's happening this weekend? Mina's birthday! Maybe I can edit the birth certificate and rewrite it for June or something. He'd never know the difference, and it would sure ease the anxieties during the time period between Labor Day and New Years.
It just seems like there is no end to the things I have to plan for and pay for and schedule during this time of year. First it was school starting, then Alex's birthday, Halloween, Mina's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas... luckily we don't usually do anything special for New Year's Eve.

Aaron is still out of work, it's getting down to the wire now, severance ends at the end of this month and if there's no paycheck at the end of this month we will be screwed. It doesn't seem very fair that job hunting is not my problem, it's his, (because we both know there's no way I could find work that would pay as well with an anthropology degree and no experience) but I am still carrying the stress even though I can't really help. He on the other hand seems fine letting me carry the stress and spending the better part of his days napping or playing games. I know there's only so much that can be done each day, but you don't see me burying my head in games when there's a baby to care for and things that need doing.
Then again, I knew procrastination was his middle name when I married him and can't really fault him for it. I just hate feeling like I have to nag him to get anything done.

I found out this past weekend that my Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, I had expected it but for some reason it took him over a year to get a solid diagnosis. Meanwhile I think I have developed carpal tunnel syndrome (well, I'm certain of it) but can't do anything about it except limit my computer time, watch my ergonomic positioning and take ibuprofen to stave off the worst of the pain because we have no health insurance until we either get on unemployment, or have a new job for 90 days. I just hope every day that no one needs a hospital for a while.

So that's it, that's the update. Seems pretty bleak even to me. It will get better though. I just have to be patient.

1 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

I so want to hug you. But I won't cause I am sick and you can not get sick! I hope that something happens on the job front soon. I hate having to nag Ben, but he actually told me that I have to. Irritating really. I don't want to feel like a bitch just so he can get shit done. When I'm home, I watch what he does, and he'll estimate like..half the time it really takes to make dinner, but you'd think he'd know how long it takes by now! Grr. No wonder sometimes when I get home just before 8 dinner isn't even all the way ready.

Sorry, had my own mini rant there..just trying to convey that I feel you. =)

11/03/2009 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home