My Daughter the Bodybuilder
My daughter, my darling child was diagnosed today with a virus (duh! I knew that) and croup.
And so you may ask:
What is croup?
Croup is a condition that develops quickly in children and is usually caused by a viral infection in the upper airways that is localised in the throat and surrounding tissues. It is characterised by a barking cough.
Croup is usually caused by the parainfluenza virus, although there are many other possible viral causes. These include the RS virus, influenza virus type A, rhinovirus, adenovirus, and Coxsackie virus.
What are the signs of croup?
So what does her doctor decide to give her? Steroids, by golly. Just what I need a bodybuilder girlie running rampant around the house for the next three (count'em, three) days.
And, lucky me, the only real side effect of this treatment (other than the bulging pectorals and deep voice) is hyperactivity. It's just not fair. If she's hyper, she should go to school, or somewhere else far away from me, not be locked in the house.
Where did I go wrong?! I'm never gonna finish my paper at this rate.
And so you may ask:
What is croup?
Croup is a condition that develops quickly in children and is usually caused by a viral infection in the upper airways that is localised in the throat and surrounding tissues. It is characterised by a barking cough.
Croup is usually caused by the parainfluenza virus, although there are many other possible viral causes. These include the RS virus, influenza virus type A, rhinovirus, adenovirus, and Coxsackie virus.
What are the signs of croup?
- A characteristic rough, barking cough.
- Hoarseness and noisy breathing.
- The symptoms often occur at night when the child has been lying down for a couple of hours.
- Fever.
- The child becoming more tired.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Blueness around the mouth, nose, and nails.
So what does her doctor decide to give her? Steroids, by golly. Just what I need a bodybuilder girlie running rampant around the house for the next three (count'em, three) days.
And, lucky me, the only real side effect of this treatment (other than the bulging pectorals and deep voice) is hyperactivity. It's just not fair. If she's hyper, she should go to school, or somewhere else far away from me, not be locked in the house.
Where did I go wrong?! I'm never gonna finish my paper at this rate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home