Community Barbecue Night
I love community barbecue night. I woke up this morning and decided it was a good day for a barbecue. This is how they usually start.
Somebody decides it is a good day to grill, and then we all start getting into it. Bonnie is picking up briquets, Neva's getting stuff for S'mores, I'm making Pasta salad, and maybe some three bean salad as well, the ribs are defrosting. Bonnie is making steaks, Kalan provided the second grill and he's bringing chicken, I'm bringing baked beans. Neva will probably have something to throw on there too. Maybe some shish kebabs. In the end we all get a little bit of everything and nobody has to work too hard, plus we get to sit around the yard talking while we eat. I love this!
There is nothing better than having neighbors you get along with, and getting to spend time together as a community.
Maybe I'll invite Tasha down too, since she's still new here.
Somebody decides it is a good day to grill, and then we all start getting into it. Bonnie is picking up briquets, Neva's getting stuff for S'mores, I'm making Pasta salad, and maybe some three bean salad as well, the ribs are defrosting. Bonnie is making steaks, Kalan provided the second grill and he's bringing chicken, I'm bringing baked beans. Neva will probably have something to throw on there too. Maybe some shish kebabs. In the end we all get a little bit of everything and nobody has to work too hard, plus we get to sit around the yard talking while we eat. I love this!
There is nothing better than having neighbors you get along with, and getting to spend time together as a community.
Maybe I'll invite Tasha down too, since she's still new here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home