Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

6/28/2005

I admit it.

Okay, so that was an odd way of asking someone out, but writing on here is kind of like talking to myself, it's a way of sorting out my thoughts on different stuff. If I had just called I never would have done it at all, it's that whole fear of rejection thing. I'm a flirt, to the core, but I hate rejection so I only flirt with friends and other people who I couldn't care two poops about their opinion of me. I'm weird I guess. Plus, I hate talking on the phone, especially to people who I don't know very well. The only people I sit and chit-chat with regularly are my sister and my mom, because I know they are interested in my day-to-day life... and sometimes Tammi, but generally one or another of the kids interrupts us and we have to say goodbye.
Again, I'm weird, I know it, and I'm comfortable with my weirdness.
Nobody else that I know sits around laughing and talking with their mother and/or sister the way that I do. Usually they either try not to talk to them at all or they do the obligatory ten-minute holiday call. I like my family though. My brother is hard to talk to because I've seen so little of him since about 8 years ago that I really don't know anything about him anymore. My dad is such a space-case on the phone it's hard to get him to follow along with sentences of more than four words, I told you he was losing it.
My mom is great because she's willing to listen when I'm falling apart, and when I'm happy about something she remembers to tell me how proud she is of me, also she has finally gotten past the idea that I am perpetually six years old and is now sharing things about her life with me. This includes sex, medications, outings, and job-related topics as well as many other things most people don't want to hear about from their mothers.
My sister is the besst though for phone conversations, sometimes we both space out and mess around on the computers while we're on the phone together. Because of her job she always has lots of fun stuff to talk about. Often our conversations go something like this:

ME: Hi Angie.
A: It's my seester! What's up?
ME: Not much just thought I'd see how you're doing.
A: I'm being bombarded by my boss... he wants seventy-eight more running feet by Thursday.
ME: Ouch, have you left your desk at all this week?
A: Only to poop. Hey, do you know how big an elephant's testicles are?...
ME: Good question, let me check...
(extended pause as we both try to come up with a viable answer to this oh-so-important question.)
ME: I think I've got it.. it's not exact, but it says here that an elephant's testicles are about half the size of it's brain... so does that mean that both of them together would be the same size as it's brain?
A: I think so... ya think maybe the same equation works for human males?
ME: As in their brains are roughly the same size as their balls? Or are you insinuating that guys with bigger balls have larger brains?
A: Bigger balls = bigger brains.
ME: Could be, but that doesn't necessarily mean they' re smarter. It's not the size that counts you know, it's how many neurons you use.
A: huh-huh, you said 'it's not the size that counts'.
ME: huh-huh, you said 'balls'
A: Maybe some sort of scientific study should be done to determine if ball size in any way relates to IQ or to brain size.
ME: Yeah, I'll get right on that, as soon as I have the time to spend comparing millions of guys' balls with their brains.

etc, etc.

You can see why I enjoy these conversations, for being a thirty year old, she's right up there with our little brother when it comes to what we think is amusing. huh-huh, you said 'balls'.
(Tammi, yes, that was a little jab at you about your age. Happy birthday girl, you rock, even at thirty.)

4 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

I blog with my sister, when she blogs. I love talking to them when I can.

I used to love talking with my mom, but she always brings up things no one wants to talk about. Like how crappy my father is.

6/29/2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh. My. God.

My mother was just here for two nights. First she went on ad naudeum about how FABULOUS my pal Anne looks, then she started with the Jimmy Flannigan nonsense. Jimmy Falnnigan was the guy she dated before she met my dad. It got so ridiculous that my sister and I, everytime the conversation dwindled, just threw in a random "Jimmy Flannigan" and cackled like the old hens we are.

I love my mother. I could do without constant reference to how fabulous my friends look, and I could really do without Jimmy Flannigan.

Rock on, girl.

6/29/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

PS: I really need to get my nails trimmed and I really need to quit drinking beer before happy hour officially starts.

6/29/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Wow... my sister can't string 2 multisyllabic words together, much less give serious ponderance to relativity between intelligence and testicular mass.
Lucky! :)

7/01/2005 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home