Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

7/22/2005

What if...

I had the idea today to post about the "What if..." thought processes, but blogger was not cooperating this morning. You know, this is the thing that all women (and apparently some men as well) do when they meet a new crush/love. We sit around in our free time and consider the situation... What if we moved in together? What would our kids look like? What if we got married? What if the world was demolished by aliens and we were the only living things on the planet? How would I react? How would he/she react? What if I fall for this person and then they drop me like a sack of rotten potatoes? What if I get attached and then find out that they are some sort of minor demon from the deepest pits of hell? What if...?

This can circle around in your head forever, as each of these what ifs get answered new ones pop up to take their place.

In all honesty, I have been sucked into the what if game in every relationship I have ever been in. Last weekend's date was no exception. I have found solace however in the knowledge that he is someone I have known for 8 years, sparingly, but still if in 8 years I have never heard anything about him to make me feel that he isn't who I see him to be then it's not likely that I will. Not to mention the fact that if one of our closest friends is a mutual friend then I think that sooner or later we would have heard something bad about each other from her, if there was anything bad to say. Instead I got a call from Tammi last night after she had been on the phone with Mags for an hour and a half, when I started to mention my "what ifs" she responded by saying she felt like she was having the same conversation twice. We are both considering the ramifications of getting involved with each other apparently. I'm kind of flattered actually, I think most other guys have just ridden through relationships with me on a day by day basis, and have been totally accepting of the fact that one day they'd wake up to find someone else there to fill that space.

On that note, while I still find myself pondering the fact that if this lasts at all then one of us will have to move, I can comfort myself with one single thought and push away all of the what ifs for a little while: Let's just see how next weekend goes, then the next date, then the next, there's plenty of time for either of us to back out if we come to the realization that things just aren't what we expected them to be. I have a feeling (it may just be wishful thinking) that that won't happen, but I am prepared for the possibility, and i'm not going to jump into my worries about what the future may bring. I'd rather just enjoy the moment.

Here's a what if though... What if I can't think of anything for us to do on Saturday? Crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

Come to my house!!!!
I MEAN IT!

7/23/2005 8:10 PM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

You want us to go to Jesse's party, that's all you want. I know the truth. We might, we shall see, I would like to see Jesse, and the Eggman, but it's up to Mags. He might not be able to handle meeting all of my crazy friends so soon. Or he might want to get to spend some time with just me.. OMG!

7/24/2005 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home