I Have a Code in My Nose
I'm so sick, this is my punishment for enjoying my day off yesterday. I called in sick to work today for the first time since I started there. I felt really bad, not just because I was sick but because I knew I was letting my co-workers down by staying home.
I definitely would not have survived work today though, although I'm starting to perk up a bit now. I spent the whole day in bed, either sleeping, or reading, or just laying there sniffling and staring at the ceiling. All I've eaten is a handful of salami slices and about 2 gallons of orange juice, and I've only had three cigarettes all day. of course after a day like that I'm feeling pretty good, if my nose will stop running and my ears will stop feeling like they are crammed with cotton, I will feel great (which means I'll be smoking more again, which in turn will make me feel crappy again). It's a good thing I'm a quick healer though, I should be fine by tomorrow morning and be up and off to work bright and early.
I definitely would not have survived work today though, although I'm starting to perk up a bit now. I spent the whole day in bed, either sleeping, or reading, or just laying there sniffling and staring at the ceiling. All I've eaten is a handful of salami slices and about 2 gallons of orange juice, and I've only had three cigarettes all day. of course after a day like that I'm feeling pretty good, if my nose will stop running and my ears will stop feeling like they are crammed with cotton, I will feel great (which means I'll be smoking more again, which in turn will make me feel crappy again). It's a good thing I'm a quick healer though, I should be fine by tomorrow morning and be up and off to work bright and early.

5 Comments:
Echy-blech. I've got it too. Feels kind of like a dozen kangaroos boxing within the confines of my sinuses; itchy, watery eyes, ears ready to pop at any second, throat on fire, and pretty much my head is inside of a garbage can. Can I just say this about being sick? Fuhhhhck. I hate it, it's not fair. I've been pumping Airborne all day and if my lazy-assed immune system doesn't kick in overnight, I'm getting myself some blabbity-blabbity-blabbity-blabbity-blab-so-you-can-rest medicine first thing in the morning.
God.
It.
Sucks.
To.
Be.
Sick!
Feel better sweetie, & make sure Mina is getting plenty of rest so she doesn't catch it too.
Glad you are taking care of yourself, and isn't Z funny as all hell?
The cig cycle cracked me up, been there done that, still doing it.
Sooooooo, not in the mood for hunting today? Shame.
How're you feeling this morning? I barely made it through dinner without coughing up a lung. I won't know how I am today until after coffee. I do you you're feeling better. And remember, if this crap settles into your chest, cigarettes are the quickest way to calm a cough (seriously).
Why is Satan on my blog?
Um, hi satan, it's me, Ariel... so I've done a few things I aughtn't, you know, the usual. Petty theft, premarital sex, naming my pets after foods, but I really don't think any of this warrants a visit from the likes of you. I do like your blog though, and definitely suggest that if you all are getting bored to stop in there and check it out.
Post a Comment
<< Home