Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

1/28/2006

Vacation, My Ass!

Considering that I've been jobless for a week and a half you'd think I'd be relaxing and enjoying this little vacation.
But no, it is not in my nature to find myself with nothing to do. Instead, to make up for the fact that I've been consumed with work since June, I have taken it upon myself to visit with all of my friends.
I've also been donating plasma, cuz until tax returns come in, I have no expendable income.
It's been really hectic and busy. Between organizing, eliminating and packing things, informing everyone on the planet that I will be leaving the city, making hoiusecalls to friends, stopping by the pron store in hopes of finding Mags a birthday gift, and just daily stuff like feeding the cat and doing the dishes... i'm exhausted!

Today I got up at 6:45, dragged mina out of bed and sent her off to school. When I got back home I passed out for a few hours. At about 11 I got up because the cat was annoyed with me for not feeding her yet. Then I cleaned up the living room which until today has been a staging area for the disposal of my stuff. There was a pile for Kalan, a pile for the dumpster and a pile for Goodwill. Those are now all gone. Even though everything in the living room is basically still here it feels really empty since I got rid of the saltwater fish tank. After I was satisfied that the living room was livable again I started delving into the mysteries of Neva's computer, which has now been sitting in my living room for several weeks. I was still working on it (slow piece of shit!) when Mina got home from school. So we made ourselves some sandwiches and watched a little Tenchi, then headed to Jen's to visit with her and the kids for a while. Orion had been missing Mina, so I made sure he got some time to play with her. At about 6:30 Chris got home and Jen and I headed out to Des's so we could go to coffee and discuss my going away party. We had our coffee and some food, jabbered on for a while, then decided that since we were only a few blocks from the pron store it was a good time to pop in. That was fun, as it always is. Des got a few things, I got one thing, and we all mocked the seedless watermelon flavored lube.
We tried to find things that were vanilla flavored or scented, just for me, but there was a startling lack of vanilla-ness in there.
Des made me laugh my ass off a few times. I didn't find any lingerie that I would feel comfortable wearing, or any toys that I was just like "Yes, i need this!". In fact, we ended up having a rather bizarre conversation with the pron store employee about just how vanilla I am. She was nice, she said her job was to make people like me feel comfortable coming into the store.
Anyway, that was a fun little adventure. We all headed home after that, and now I am here, jazzed on coffee, and blogging.
all in all, a pretty busy day.
Tomorrow is going to be even worse. Tomorrow I get to tackle tidying up the kitchen, since all the dirty dishes that got left around the house are now piled on the counters, and finishing Neva's computer, and if I'm lucky my W-2s will come in so that I can finally file my taxes. I'm so excited, I'm getting like $3300 in my return this year. That rocks! I'll finally be able to pay off a few things, and still have some left.

2 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

I habba cold.

:(

What are you doing? Hanging out with the boyfriend?

1/28/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Also, I WANNA be visited.

I know we did coffee, but you didn't like....just show up and hang out with me for awhile.

It's not the same.

I'm sorry, I'm especially whiny while sick.

1/28/2006 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home