Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

3/31/2006

Magic Brownies

The shopping is done.
Since I was a contributor to breaking Aaron last night (between me and dodgeball he'll probably be unable to walk for a few days), I had to go do the grocery shopping by myself. It was a challenge.

Why don't all grocery stores put things in the same place? Why are pickles somtimes with the condiments and sometimes with the olives in the canned veggie area, and sometimes hiddden next to the deli? Learning the layout of the local Safeway was fun, the employees were very helpful. Every time one of them walked by me they asked if they could help me find something. Was it that obvious? Did I have a great big sign stencilled on my forehead that said "I have no fucking clue where to find things!!".

Two good things though: One, they sell Farmer John's bacon there, which is the best bacon ever. Two, I was shoppping by myself, so didn't hesitate to grab some Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I tried out a new flavor instead of going with the old standbys. Dave Matthews Band Magic Brownies. OMG, so good. i don't know what they put in those brownies but... damn.
Way better than bon-bons.

Anyway, I've still got more stuff to do, so I'm off...

6 Comments:

Blogger AnywhereEden said...

wow, my typing today sucks.. I apologize.

3/31/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Your typing skills are just fine, heck I’ve read this piece twice and nothing shouted out to me, “I’m messed up.”

That sounds like a kick axe Safeway you got there, with people walking around anticipating your needs. Then again, I’ll bet you were lookin’ hot, and well, they like to be especially helpful then.

Dave Mathews band…magic brownies…hmmm, I mean yumm. Ice cream is so danged cold though, I am a microwave ice cream melter, sicko.

Magic brownies…….

(never mind)

That sounds good….if it was melted of course. I don’t do brain frost or sensitive teeth well.

The message you left me on my blog made me laugh out loud at least four times. I’m tempted to do a verbal post so’es you can hear my real voice in your head. And maybe I’ll do some template rearranging. Change the old name of my bloggity blog. Girl you really cracked me up, I loved it and needed it.

Did you see in that last post’s comments how your man was going on about the doge ball game wrecking him, heh heh, guess he hadn’t seen this post yet……..

Twat signing out, hehe, xxx, Lori

3/31/2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have to feed her ego in staged doses. :) /flee

3/31/2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

They gave Dave Matthews a flavor!
Sweet!!
It's been too long since I've gone shopping by myself. Tom usually takes the kids because he likes to buy stuff and I like quiet time.

I'm certain you looked really hot when you went to the grocery, and that's what the big sign stencil said to others. Sure, they seemed friendly, but they just wanted you. I'm convinced.

4/01/2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

He plays dodgeball? AWESOME!!!!

4/05/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

A flavor to try.
Do you know that it's a hell of a lot easier to leave a comment after other people have?
Do you know why?
I'm pretty sure it's cause I have no imagination and don't know what to say until other people have said it.

4/26/2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home