Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

4/24/2008

Dogwood Winter

That's what they call it when there is a cold snap in spring. We've had one all week. It was snowing on our way up to Bellingham on Friday. After our brief stint at the courthouse to get married, which was very emotional despite the courthouse legality of it all. Aaron surprised me with a wedding band, I hadn't expected one, nor was I desperately desiring one in the secret depths of my heart. He felt it was needed though. That there needed to be a proper exchange of rings. His boss had helped him pick it out. I am grateful that he went to that kind of trouble for me, even though there is a part of me that keeps returning to the fact that it wasn't needed. I have a hard time accepting gifts, especially for things that are unneeded. I keep thinking that he treats me too well, that I don't deserve those things and because of it I feel uncomfortable accepting them.
The actual ceremony was simple and attended by Mina, Carolyn, and Aaron's best friend Scott. We got a few pics with Carolyn and Scott's cell phones, but they won't come up on my computer so I will have to find a way to get them to work.
Afterwards we grabbed breakfast and headed north. It was a long drive and got rather uncomfortable.
I was being treated by my doctor this winter back pain caused by arthritis, and since the pregnancy began I can't take the massive doses of ibuprofen they prescribed. In other words, I'm in pain, and it gets worse as I get more pregnant. I don't think people really realize this, since it's an every day thing now to wake up hurting and still be hurting when I crawl into bed at night. I've given up complaining about it for the most part. Because of this, I was hurting pretty badly by the time we finished our 5 hour drive.
The beds in the hotel didn't help much either.
Friday night Dyana and I took Carolyn to the local bars to see what the B-ham night life was like and have her act as our designated drinker. We had soda and played pool while we got her drunk and tried to get her to hit on random guys. It didn't work as well as we'd hoped, I don't think she was as drunk as she should have been.

It was kind of weird being back in the town I grew up in. We drove around a bit on saturday and I saw the house I used to live in and the school I went to. It really hasn't changed a whole lot. It's still a fairly small town, but bigger than Canby by a long shot. The bus system there is great, the parks are everywhere. It would be a good town for Mina to grow up in. But I'm really torn on deciding to move there. I have just gotten to feeling comfortable living here, finally developed some friendships, will finally be in a house with no leaks and a working heating system. I'm not so sure I want to pick up and leave just now. Aaron on the other hand started out very skeptical of moving to Bellingham while I was encouraging him to try something new and see what this offer had in store for us. Now he's getting more excited about the idea and I'm backing away from it. It could just be my need for security shoving at me, but I have explained that essentially this is his call. Being homebound here and being homebound there aren't going to be dramatically different for me, but he is the one who's entire day-to-day life and career are going to be affected by this.
I don't want my fears to hold us back if this is what is going to help him move forward.
Anyway, Saturday was spent wandering the town and then we went to Tom's place for the 80s night party. I think Tom has really missed everyone since he moved up there, he was in rare form as host. He even bought a cake to celebrate our wedding. Everyone but me and Dyana got pretty toasted and then they broke out the Rock Band. After much caterwauling and laughter they finished the night off with Star Wars trivial pursuit. It was a good party, and good to have everyone together.
Sunday Mina and I headed home with Carolyn, Aaron stayed an extra day to meet Tom's boss and have his interview on Monday. Another long drive. I was so glad to be back home and in my own bed.
But it's cold here, it's been cold all week and I am craving the comfort of a house with heat about now. We start moving the essentials to the new house tomorrow. Saturday we'll have the furniture moved.
I really just want all of this to be done with, it's been a lot to cope with all at once. I don't think I should be making any decisions in the state I'm in right now. Between the hormones and the stress and all the confusion I don't think I would be thinking straight.

2 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. =(
That's lame as hell. I'd take some of it away from you if I could.

Pregnancy can already be quite crazy, you shouldn't have to have chronic pain on top of it. =(

4/25/2008 5:43 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

I have the chronic pain thing goin on too and was taking sixteen Ibeprofins to help relieve it, pfft.

Mine is from a narrowing spine, one that I have abused repeatedly over time.

I feel your pain literally, bless your heart honey, it really is a bitch to lay down and realize that there is NO way in hell to get it to stop, damn it.

Sorry my mouth is in truck driver mode this morning.

I got really tickled at the part where you guys tried to get your friend all drunk, so she would hit on people. heh.

xx

4/27/2008 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home