Son of a Gun
Most brides get a zit.
Right? That's like the horror of the wedding day, that you'll wake up to find a huge zit right in the middle of your forehead or something. I kind of expected that sort of thing. I was not expecting to wake up monday morning with a sore spot in my upper lip, evidence of the beginning of my very first cold sore. I have freakin Lip Herpes!
I'm guessing I have probably carried the lip herpes virus for a very long time and the combination of stress, a recent cold, and pregnancy brought about this unexpected eruption. Still, a zit I could have covered with makeup. How do I disguise a nasty scabby lump on my lip? And to make things worse, until it heals I can't kiss anyone. You may kiss the bride just isn't going to have quite the same effect when I am forced to turn my cheek in order to prevent the spread of the virus. It really irks me. So much so that the cold sore got it's own blog entry. I am very disappointed in my body, and it's bad behavior.
Oh! Just thought of something... I want to share before it's too late and I'm huge and can't zip it. (Crap, my camera is already packed and at the new house) NVM, will just have to save the pic of the wedding dress for another time. Grr.
(How was that for a teaser? lol)
Right? That's like the horror of the wedding day, that you'll wake up to find a huge zit right in the middle of your forehead or something. I kind of expected that sort of thing. I was not expecting to wake up monday morning with a sore spot in my upper lip, evidence of the beginning of my very first cold sore. I have freakin Lip Herpes!
I'm guessing I have probably carried the lip herpes virus for a very long time and the combination of stress, a recent cold, and pregnancy brought about this unexpected eruption. Still, a zit I could have covered with makeup. How do I disguise a nasty scabby lump on my lip? And to make things worse, until it heals I can't kiss anyone. You may kiss the bride just isn't going to have quite the same effect when I am forced to turn my cheek in order to prevent the spread of the virus. It really irks me. So much so that the cold sore got it's own blog entry. I am very disappointed in my body, and it's bad behavior.
Oh! Just thought of something... I want to share before it's too late and I'm huge and can't zip it. (Crap, my camera is already packed and at the new house) NVM, will just have to save the pic of the wedding dress for another time. Grr.
(How was that for a teaser? lol)

1 Comments:
Good luck!
And after you're married, it's okay to swap herpes.
Post a Comment
<< Home