Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

4/11/2008

Pickin It Back Up

It seems kind of weird after all this time to even think about returning to the blog world. But as I'm still keeping up with some of my favorite folks (waves at Zilla and Ange) it only makes sense to be able to return the favor and share my exciting little endeavors with them again. Especially now that I have some things to write about again. Plus I'm really incredibly bored right now and playing the waiting game on some things. I figure the best way to cope with waiting (I hate waiting) is to keep busy.

So here's the lowdown: Aaron and I got engaged the day before Thanksgiving, but we have no idea how to plan a wedding so we haven't got it together yet. Actually this turned out to be a good thing since I found out a few weeks ago that I'm pregnant (10 weeks now) so at least none of the wedding plans were set in stone before this little incident occurred. While this wasn't a planned pregnancy we are both really happy and excited about it. So much so that I'm actually unexpectedly anxious and uncertain about the whole thing, I would be heartbroken if I miscarried and so would he. Being this hopeful about something just leads me into complete panic mode that something could go wrong. Aaron calls me "Ms. Glass-Half-Empty". I don't know that I'm all that negative, just that I prefer to be prepared for the worst because it protects me from the extremes of disappointment when things do go wrong. Does that make sense?
Of course, he also likes to make me yell. He says I'm too conservative about my emotions and I should let them out, even the bad ones. I figure if I keep myself composed I won't upset anyone else, which leads to much more peaceful interpersonal relations. Meanwhile, he still does things specifically to piss me off so I will yell at him and he can be happy that he's not marrying an emotionless zombie. Does this seem like an odd relationship? It actually bothers me when he throws me off enough to make me yell. I don't like yelling. But he seems reassured by it, like it means I give a damn because I'm pissed.
*shrug*
Who can explain men?

So back to the purpose of this post... We are also moving this month into the nearby town. The house is in better condition than the one we're in now. Including having AC (THANK GOD!) and 2 bathrooms. I am excited to get out of this slum house, but the new place was his parents's house, so it has a certain weirdness factor. Another bonus is that since we're moving it gives me an excuse to force him to get rid of some of the junk he has been pack-ratting for years. I will be glad to get rid of things and move into a house where I get to be selective about what is made visible. I don't deal well with excessive clutter. My sister thinks this stems from a desire to be in control of things. To some extent I know she's right, but as far as their own personal comfort goes everyone has their limit. For some people it comes down to white gloving for dust. For me it's just a matter of having a place to put things, when I have no space to put things and they start piling up in corners I tend to reach the point of being uncomfortable in my surroundings. This is going to become much more apparent to Aaron once we have a baby in the house. I am not a baby safety freak, I don't use safety latches (except for the cats, who enjoy playing in the cupboards) and really don't bother with most of the obsessive baby-proofing stuff many parents depend on. I kind of prefer to actually watch my kids and when I can't watch them I keep them locked up, or unconscious (i.e. in a playpen or napping). But when things are piled haphazardly in corners I have concerns about baby safety. Hopefully he'll learn to keep his stuff put away or I will have to seriously chew him out.

Anyway, I suppose this is an adequate update on things with me for the time being. Undoubtedly I will be posting more frequently now as I'm pacing the house waiting for nine months to be over. Besides, I will have to post a pic of my wedding dress that I may never fit in again. *sigh*

5 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

Hey hey chicky, so glad to see you back at the blog thang. Congratulations seem to be in order all around, so right on, wooo hoo and rock on with ya bad self!

love love love,
Lori

4/11/2008 4:01 PM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

aww, thanks Lo.
I'm amazed you still stop in after all this time.
Spread the word!

4/12/2008 3:59 PM  
Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

*wave back

And multiple congratulations are in order.

4/14/2008 9:09 AM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

I've been remiss. I'm sorry.
I've been bad about the blogging, at least in blogger land. I've also been bad about reading. I got sucked into this whole other blog group, and I find myself reading them religiously.
Takes a lot of time though.
Which is still no excuse, but I'd kinda figured you'd given it up for good at this point.
Glad I'm wrong. =)

4/17/2008 9:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

WTF?

WTGDFF (What the g d fuckity f?)

You stop by my blog WEEKS AGO, say you're keeping up with reading blogs but not posting to your own blog, so I run over here to make sure you aren't LYING through your teeth about the not posting thing and you actually aren't lying through your teeth about the not posting thing, and then, several weeks later Ange is all "Ariel's getting married Ariel's getting married" so I assume you guys have been swapping emails behind the scenes or whatever, but I click the link anyway, and THERE'S LIKE HALF A DOZEN NEW POSTS HERE???? WITHOUT YOU SO MUCH AS GIVIN ME A HEADS UP??????


This is gonna cost you, you brat! The only way you can make it up to me is to name your son or daughter Zilla Roo Devilcatcher ________[insert Aaron's surname here].

I'm furious as hell, but I wish the four of you every happiness anyway.

Every happiness!

::stomps off to pout

4/18/2008 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home