Licensed to Wed
Went out to the County Clerk's office today. We picked up the Marriage License and will hopefully be married on Friday. Which means our weekend away in Bellingham is going to become our honeymoon/housewarming party for his friend/interview with his prospective new boss. That ought to make things exciting!
Aaron seems excessively happy about picking up the license, me I figure it's just the legal end of things, and that we may as well have been married this whole time. It won't make for any big changes, at least not on my end. I'm wondering if maybe he needs those legal documents to make it feel real for him, I may have some big changes coming from him soon if that's the case.
It will be weird changing my name though, odd not to call myself by my maiden name anymore. Why is it still called a maiden name? Isn't that rather archaic? Why not call it your unwed name, or family name or something? I'm certainly no maiden.
Aaron seems excessively happy about picking up the license, me I figure it's just the legal end of things, and that we may as well have been married this whole time. It won't make for any big changes, at least not on my end. I'm wondering if maybe he needs those legal documents to make it feel real for him, I may have some big changes coming from him soon if that's the case.
It will be weird changing my name though, odd not to call myself by my maiden name anymore. Why is it still called a maiden name? Isn't that rather archaic? Why not call it your unwed name, or family name or something? I'm certainly no maiden.

1 Comments:
Wow! You could be getting married RIGHT NOW!
Maybe not. It's still early where you're at.
Congratulations!
And...I kept my maiden name, in case you were taking a poll.
Lord knows I don't want to get that debate going, because as the years go by, the pressure rears its busybody head at me. Just never liked he sound of my first name with the new last name, and it didn't really suit me to switch, anyhow. I was set in my ways long before I ever met Tom.
Post a Comment
<< Home