Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

4/12/2008

I'm a Planet

Well, I will be a planet soon. Hence the reason I spent my morning shuffling through a one-stop shopping center for some pants I will be able to button for several more months.
They were horribly overpriced considering I don't plan to stay that big long enough to get my money's worth out of them. But they are big enough to fit two of me in, and button fly, so I can always start undoing buttons if things get tight. Plus I found a really cute shirt in 3xHugemongous, which will more than likely be my one and only "leaving the house" shirt in a month or so. The rest of the time I'll just wear my sweats and pajamas and call it good. I feel kind of sad for the OB/GYN though as she will likely come to know me as the girl with one shirt.
But I refuse to pay fifty dollars for something I am too small for now, and will be big enough to fit for an entirety of 3 whole months before I deflate again.
Not gonna do it.

Mina and I spent some time in the baby section poking around. I don't think I cared much for their selection, there was not even one neutral newborn outfit. I found a little green sleeper that was cute but upon closer examination was embroidered all over in tiny pink rosebuds. I don't think blending boy and girl colors and prints really counts as neutral. I think my son would be offended to notice the tiny pink rosebuds on his baby picture sleepers. Girls are a little more forgiving about that sort of thing, a tomboy is just fine, but oh my, I can see my teenage son hollering about how I set him up to have gender issues with the way I dressed him as a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home