Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

4/24/2008

Married Life

Things haven't really changed much since the I Do's. Aaron has been giddy, I have been... well, the same as I always am. He's so very happy to have me be his wife, and a part of me shies away from that. I am afraid I'll let him down, or that maybe he'll change his mind. I kind of don't really believe that anyone could be that happy to be married to me. I am happy to be married to him, but at the same time it is balanced with the fact that I know him, I know his strengths and his weaknesses. And I am happy to be married to him but I also know we will have our trials ahead and saying I Do is not going to change the fact that we don't always see eye-to-eye, that we don't always agree on things, that we are both incredibly stubborn. I know we'll have fights. I know we'll have times when we'll think about not being together. I think recognizing these things and still feeling that this is the right thing for me is what is going to make this marriage last. I am not deluding myself into thinking that everything will be perfect from now on and that we will suddenly become Ward and June Cleaver. Isn't being realistic about that sort of thing what will make it last? Because I don't really ever see myself anywhere but here. Or with anyone but him. Isn't that just as good as mooning over him and smiling chronically? Do I have to fake it and act like I think the world revolves around him too? I know it would comfort him to see me acting the fool about this, but I went through all of that when he proposed. To me, that was when he made it clear that he was committed to me. And I grinned like a fool for a week. Now we've just made it legal, and he's grinning like a fool and I'm busy thinking "did we shut off the phone for the end of the month? when will I be able to make a doctor's appointment and make sure the baby is doing well? How are we going to pay for this move?" I just have too much going on to spend my days smiling into his eyes. But it doesn't mean I'm not happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

*nods emphatically*
YES, I think that's exactly what makes it last. Being realistic.

And this?
"Because I don't really ever see myself anywhere but here. Or with anyone but him."

I couldn't have said it better. We must doing something right, or else I think we'd be sick of each other by now. =)

4/24/2008 8:00 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

We all react differently to things don't we?

I would doom a marriage from the beginning, feeling like I was trapped and waiting for it to turn to crap. But that's just me, my marriage was a disaster and now that I've divorced him and we just live together, knowing that I can leave, or ask him to leave, helps me somehow, even though getting rid of him, I'm sure would be near to impossible. Or so it would seem.

You obviously dig the shit out of your man, and he you, and I think that's what will hold you together more than anything.

xx

4/27/2008 9:25 AM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

You are such a tease!
Blog a lot for like...2 weeks and now nothing!
lol.

I hope I've learned my lesson from before and I don't forget to check all the time.

5/10/2008 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home