One Last Post for the Night
Just a little something for those who might have been a bit worried by last night's melodramatic posts.
I was SO premenstrual last night!
First off work was much better tonight, and partly that is because my attitude toward it was better today. I even managed to pull off a $30 bonus thanks to Kalie's ingenuity. I love that girl, she's definitely someone I would like to hang with outside of work. We were offered a ten dollar bonus every two hours today for the person who screened the most donors.. so basically you could pull off a full $40 bucks out of the day. We tied the first one, she beat me the second one because I got caught unaware by some new donor complications, then we got smart. We waited until the management walked away and evened up the tally so that we tied again, and again in the final stretch. Rather than this bonus becoming a competition between us that could have made for a very bitchy day, we made it into a team-building exercise. We are both on the same team, and we just beat the managers all to hell! Instead of putting out $40 they had to part with $70.
And we came out on top.
Also, since Jen mentioned the fact that I didn't list any of my own personal wants last night, I thought I should mention that there are some. I am slowly achieving them, but they are easier for me because I just have to have patience and keep plugging away and some day I will get them. They are easier because it is only a matter of my taking the initiative, while everyone else's needs are dependent on other factors that I can't do anything about. That is why they frustrate me.
My wants:
I want to not have to panic and worry about the bills getting paid every month.
I want to get to use my degree in some way that relates to it, such as anthropological research and writing. Not just as a "get in free" pass to one crappy unrelated job after another.
I want to have a family other than just Mina, it's okay for now but I never meant for her to be the only child of a poverty stricken single mom who works full time, and I don't want this to be our lifestyle forever.
No picket fences or mansion on the hill or anything, I just want to be doing a little bit better than I am right now. I can do it, it just takes time and effort.
I was SO premenstrual last night!
First off work was much better tonight, and partly that is because my attitude toward it was better today. I even managed to pull off a $30 bonus thanks to Kalie's ingenuity. I love that girl, she's definitely someone I would like to hang with outside of work. We were offered a ten dollar bonus every two hours today for the person who screened the most donors.. so basically you could pull off a full $40 bucks out of the day. We tied the first one, she beat me the second one because I got caught unaware by some new donor complications, then we got smart. We waited until the management walked away and evened up the tally so that we tied again, and again in the final stretch. Rather than this bonus becoming a competition between us that could have made for a very bitchy day, we made it into a team-building exercise. We are both on the same team, and we just beat the managers all to hell! Instead of putting out $40 they had to part with $70.
And we came out on top.
Also, since Jen mentioned the fact that I didn't list any of my own personal wants last night, I thought I should mention that there are some. I am slowly achieving them, but they are easier for me because I just have to have patience and keep plugging away and some day I will get them. They are easier because it is only a matter of my taking the initiative, while everyone else's needs are dependent on other factors that I can't do anything about. That is why they frustrate me.
My wants:
I want to not have to panic and worry about the bills getting paid every month.
I want to get to use my degree in some way that relates to it, such as anthropological research and writing. Not just as a "get in free" pass to one crappy unrelated job after another.
I want to have a family other than just Mina, it's okay for now but I never meant for her to be the only child of a poverty stricken single mom who works full time, and I don't want this to be our lifestyle forever.
No picket fences or mansion on the hill or anything, I just want to be doing a little bit better than I am right now. I can do it, it just takes time and effort.

3 Comments:
I'm testing my profile photo posting capabilities. :)
Thank god! I thought I was a selfish bitch! *grin*
LOL, you made Des laugh so hard with that pic that she almost choked. It's very, ... um, dashing. Yes, that's the word.
Trying to keep your identity on the down low, huh?
Post a Comment
<< Home