Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

7/07/2005

wow, I haven't written shit in a while.

I'm sorry.
I guess everything else has been preoccupying me. Things will slow down soon, especially after my housecleaning inspection gets finished. One of the joys of going through the Housing authority is that once a year they pop in to see how well you are taking care of your government subsidized housing. I do pretty good most of the time, but I've been here 2 and a half years now and the carpets are starting to pay the price. I'm a naturally tidy person and wouldn't have anything to worry about if not for the fact that I share my home with an unnaturally messy 6 year old.
So instead I end up spending the two weeks before my inspection anally scrubbing every inch of my house and then following my kid around with a broom and sponge cleaning up behind her.
We've worked out an allowance system between us that is mutually satisfactory: Every Sunday I look in her room, if it is clean she gets a dollar, if it is not, she doesn't until it is. If I have to remind her more than three times that it is not yet clean there will be no more chances and no money for that week.
It's working out pretty well, especially since I mentioned the fact that she has already accumulated $17 (more than I have in the bank right now) which is half of what she needs to buy herself a new bike. I think that having the goal of buying her OWN BIKE with her OWN MONEY has been the cornerstone to making this system work for us. She has a goal, and she will be very proud when she achieves it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home