Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

9/29/2005

Tickles

Despite my waking up at the ass crack of dawn and deciding to start my day, things didn't go so great after that. For one thing the Dark Prince himself has begun frequenting my blog, not that I mind the attention but it's not exactly something I was looking forward to discovering at 5:30 in the morning. Oh look the devil has been reading my blog.. and he's commenting!
After this I got to work at 8:30 and screened people for about an hour before my voice started to give out and I ended up dashing from the screening booth in the middle of screening a new donor, coughing up a lung and praying for someone to just kill me and put me out of my misery. Once I got ahold of my lungs and put them back where they belonged I went out for a cigarette. I have a feeling that that new donor probably won't be coming back anytime soon.
I downed a single-serving packet of KFC honey I found in the bottom of the break room fast-food-condiment basket, and got a lot of crap about it being an old wives tale that honey is good for a cough. Old wives my ass, I didn't cough like that again all day once my throat was coated in sweet gooey goodness. Tomorrow I'm bringing in a bottle of honey and a box of my throat coat tea. That ought to put a stop to that obnoxious little tickle in the back of my throat.
on the bright side of things I clocked ten hours of work today and Patti and Madonna have finally finished fighting over me and I can start training next week, however... (there's always a stipulation, isn't there?) since there won't be any free time for me to start my reading during my regular shifts I will be popping in on my days off to read for a few hours. No more free time. EVER.
Except sundays.
Anyway, i should get to bed since I'm probably gonna pop awake at 5:30 again tomorrow.
G'Night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Honey rocks as a throat soother! Moose & Myrtle's pediatrician swore by it. He recommended, in a shot glass, 1/3 honey, 1/3 lemon juice, 1/3 vodka (so mom could get something done while the little darlings slept). Worked better than anything!

But don't get caught with vodka at work. That would be bad.

9/30/2005 5:35 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

EEK!!!
pity you can't pick and choose who reads your blogger like you can on LJ :(

9/30/2005 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home