Quick Quiz
Okay everybody, really quick:
What's your favorite winter holiday (Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa/Solstice/etc.) song(s)?
By who (the artist does make a difference sometimes)?
And why?
For me:
Mary Did You Know performed by Clay Aiken because he has such a perfect voice for that song and it's one of the few Christmas songs that stirs a religious spirit in me.
And also, the Little Drummer Boy, I actually really like the new version by the Simpson girls. The song always makes me sad because I know the feeling of not being able to offer a gift that you feel represents your love for someone, and how great it feels when they accept that meager gift with joy and know how much you meant for it be. Does that make any sense? Oh well, it makes sense to me.
Anyway, those are my two favorites, who else?? huh, huh, c'mon, you know you wanna...
What's your favorite winter holiday (Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa/Solstice/etc.) song(s)?
By who (the artist does make a difference sometimes)?
And why?
For me:
Mary Did You Know performed by Clay Aiken because he has such a perfect voice for that song and it's one of the few Christmas songs that stirs a religious spirit in me.
And also, the Little Drummer Boy, I actually really like the new version by the Simpson girls. The song always makes me sad because I know the feeling of not being able to offer a gift that you feel represents your love for someone, and how great it feels when they accept that meager gift with joy and know how much you meant for it be. Does that make any sense? Oh well, it makes sense to me.
Anyway, those are my two favorites, who else?? huh, huh, c'mon, you know you wanna...

8 Comments:
Easy enough!
"All I Want for Christmas is You."
Mariah Carey.
Surprise, surprise...*smirk*
Yeah, I had a post on my blog the other day titled "I hate Christmas music".
I think I'll sit this one out.
I find it hard to believe that you don't have one holiday song that you really like, that brings back good memories or has some special significance for you.
Even if it's "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" representing your view on Christmas music.
Me too recycled, and his turkey song.
Turkey for me
Turkey for you
Let’s eat the turkey
In my big brown shoe...
I really like Elf's Lament and Deck the Stills by the Barenaked Ladies. If you haven't heard them they are on Barenaked for the Holidays (a fine "holiday" album - can't call it Christmas with Hanukkah songs on it!)
Check it out http://www.barenakedladies.com/holidays/
I like the John Lennon Christmas song.
Kidnap the Sandy Claws
from the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack.
You'd be a lot cooler if you posted more often.
:P
Post a Comment
<< Home