I got to smell the baby
Des is gonna be so jealous. my adopted son, the teenage boy upstairs, Kalan, and his girlfriend had their baby the other day. He's so totally cute, and I woulda known if he wasn't. But he his, so I don't have to squnch up my face at him and lie and say, "um, yeah, he's uh, adorable." He's absolutely precious. In fact he and I had a nice little conversation about how it's not nice to pee on daddy no matter how much fun it is and how much he might deserve it. I did most of the talking, he's a good little listener. His name is Casey Michael D---, I kinda like that one Casey left the world and another one came into it. Being Wiccan and believing in reincarnation, I tend to look at death pretty comfortably, it doesn't scare me, it only saddens me because I won't get to see that person again. But having a baby born right after such an awful loss is a great reminder that it's all just part of the cycle. And I only hope that when/if the other Casey is reborn it will be into a life without so much sorrow. Maybe that's one of the reasons that I chose to reject Christianity, you have to turn to Christ before death to go to heaven. I feel like if someone kills themselves then it's because they don't think they have anyone to turn to, including Christ. At least my beliefs give everyone a second chance, a chance to do things right, again and again. Although personally I'd like to be reborn as a housecat.
Anyway, I went off on a tangent there. The point was that I got to hold the sweet baby, and touch his tiny fingers, and rub his little belly, and smell his darling little head with it's sweet baby smell. Just like Des, I love the baby smell. Can you tell I'm suffering a bit from the baby cravings? Just a bit. I'll get pictures as soon as possible. His mommy's doing great, especially since she was in labor for 55 hours, before finally having a C-section. Poor baby, that's just not something a 15 year old girl should have to go through. I'll tell you what though... she won't forget to take her pills anytime soon! She will be the mother of all birth control promoters.
So, I guess in a weird roundabout way, I'm a gramma! Very roundabout. Kalan's my baby despite all his flaws, but I can see after tonight that he's gonna be a great dad.

Anyway, I went off on a tangent there. The point was that I got to hold the sweet baby, and touch his tiny fingers, and rub his little belly, and smell his darling little head with it's sweet baby smell. Just like Des, I love the baby smell. Can you tell I'm suffering a bit from the baby cravings? Just a bit. I'll get pictures as soon as possible. His mommy's doing great, especially since she was in labor for 55 hours, before finally having a C-section. Poor baby, that's just not something a 15 year old girl should have to go through. I'll tell you what though... she won't forget to take her pills anytime soon! She will be the mother of all birth control promoters.
So, I guess in a weird roundabout way, I'm a gramma! Very roundabout. Kalan's my baby despite all his flaws, but I can see after tonight that he's gonna be a great dad.


5 Comments:
Congratulations granny, hehehheeh.
Sounds like you’ve got the smell thing too. Me too.
Beautiful young parents here.
My oldest son had just turned eighteen when his son was born and his girlfriend had just turned sixteen. They are both incredible parents. Good karma to you all.
55 hours? Isn't that a freakishly long labor?
Maybe that's one of the reasons that I chose to reject Christianity, you have to turn to Christ before death to go to heaven. I feel like if someone kills themselves then it's because they don't think they have anyone to turn to, including Christ.
What a fantastic observation. I, too, am turned off of Christianity by all the silly rules. I don't find the teachings of Christianity to be very comforting.
I don't find the teachings of Christianity to be very comforting.
That's the problem, right there, guys. There is a difference between the teachings of Christ and the teachings of Christianity. It's tragic, but it's true.
But I didn't stop by to get all serious. I just had to say, YUM! The Baby Smell!
Congrats to all!
I AM jealous.
Are you feeling better? Can I see you next weekend?
I'll babysit.
mom- I am dumb and drove halfway out to their new apartment before I realized that I forgot the camera.
fineartist- I am hoping they will do well, she'll be 16 in March and he'll be 18 in a few days.
Segue- Yes, that's a freakishly long labor.
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels that way.
Zilla- Of course that's true, but every organized religion on the planet has been manipulated by mankind, there's no escaping the fact that men have used religion for their own purposes since the beginning of time, despite the original message that was intended.
Des- No I'm not feeling better, the fever came back last night and didn't go away until just now. Hopefully it won't come back again tonight. I don't really know anything about next weekend yet. i'll let you know. I'm sorry I had to stand you up on friday, I was busy boiling like a bratwurst.
Post a Comment
<< Home