Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

2/16/2006

Hallelujah!!

I just got a letter from my rental agency.
I sent them my rent check for february a little late, but I included the late fee in my check. And I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't go through until my tax return came in. What're they gonna do? Evict me?!
Yesterday I saw on my bank account that it had been deposited and then returned. Say what? And I'm thinking, 'hmm, they might evict me after all'...

Today I got a notice in the mail, as I was opening it I tried to think up an excuse to keep me from getting evicted before next Sunday... then I read it.

Basically it said something along the lines of "Hey dumbass, in case you can't keep your head on straight enough to have noticed, You ALREADY PAID your February rent. Here is your check back, please use them more cautiously in the future. Sincerely, Your Property Manager."

Now, I'll readily admit to the fact that on occasion I'm dumb, really damned dumb, but I find it highly unlikely that I'd ever be dumb enough to PAY TWICE for the same damned thing, especially when I don't have the money for it to start with.
So my best guess is that when I moved in here 3 years ago, I paid first, last, and deposit. Not just first and deposit. Hooray! I will have almost $400 more of my tax return than I thought I would!
*doin' the happy dance, oooh, the happy dance*

Makes me wish I had known that before I spent so much time worrying about when that check would go through...
I'm still pretty much pleased as punch about it though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Yippeeee! Nothing like a nearly $400.00 windfall at moving time! It's a sign: everything's going your way!

2/19/2006 6:29 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Just goes to prove what my dad always says, “Worry does nothing for you or the situation, only makes you miserable. Turn that worry into planning Snookems, for gaaa’s sakes, get your poop in a pile.” That last part, I’m pretty sure that was personal. Heh, heh.

I can’t think of a more deserving person to have four hundred extra buck-a-roonies to spend…girl have yourself some fun, get crazy, maybe even get yourself some new undies, it’s been a while since you did that right?

Love love love and all that gaggy stuff, Lo

Thanks for your kindness this past weekend...you made me feel, well you made me smile and feel much better.

2/20/2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Yay! I'm taking this as a sign that spring is coming. Screw the groundhog...things are warming up!

2/21/2006 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home