Vacation Time
Tomorrow is the day!
Tomorrow we go to the gathering. I'm so excited. I just love the freedom of events, forgetting that there is a house to take care of, dishes to do, a kid to get off to school every morning, bills to pay, all of it goes to the wayside during an event. Not to say that I am an escapist/hedonist or anything, but those things are on my mind every day and night, and I am a constant worrier. Having a weekend when I don't worry about those things is like mana from heaven, it's pointless to worry about them when I'm out there because I can't do anything about them in the middle of the woods anyway, so instead I just get to enjoy myself.
I've never been much of a fan of going to events as a couple, because much of the fun of eventing is in the excessive flirting that goes on, and the extreme intoxication too of course. I've always had to worry with Nic when we went to events, because he was so jealous. He'd get butthurt about me hugging Siddhartha for goodness sakes. Everybody loves Siddhartha, he's just one of those jolly friendly flirty guys.
While Aaron and I have discussed the event and how I'm not really the jealous type, and I doubt he is either, I told him that he was free to flirt so long as he remembered which tent he should be sleeping in. A 'hands-off' rule of thumb is my preference. But so much the better if he has fun, even if it's while flirting with others, cuz when he comes back to me he'll be in a great mood. I like it when he's in a good mood. ;)
One of the reasons I've never begrudged any of my boyfriends their 'guy time' is because they really do come back happier, more relaxed, and more fun to be with.
We're taking his co-worker, Brian, with us. It'll be his first SCA event. I love introducing new people to the SCA. I just hope we manage to come up with some garb for him. I think he'll have fun tho, when I took Marshal one year he had a great time being my Booze Bitch and having me shove beautiful busty women at him. They loved the fact that he was my servant, thought it was sexy. He loved the attention, and the fact that I took care of him, made sure he didn't get too wasted, fed him, and tucked him in at night. He was a good boy, I mothered him, and we had a blast. :)
Tomorrow we go to the gathering. I'm so excited. I just love the freedom of events, forgetting that there is a house to take care of, dishes to do, a kid to get off to school every morning, bills to pay, all of it goes to the wayside during an event. Not to say that I am an escapist/hedonist or anything, but those things are on my mind every day and night, and I am a constant worrier. Having a weekend when I don't worry about those things is like mana from heaven, it's pointless to worry about them when I'm out there because I can't do anything about them in the middle of the woods anyway, so instead I just get to enjoy myself.
I've never been much of a fan of going to events as a couple, because much of the fun of eventing is in the excessive flirting that goes on, and the extreme intoxication too of course. I've always had to worry with Nic when we went to events, because he was so jealous. He'd get butthurt about me hugging Siddhartha for goodness sakes. Everybody loves Siddhartha, he's just one of those jolly friendly flirty guys.
While Aaron and I have discussed the event and how I'm not really the jealous type, and I doubt he is either, I told him that he was free to flirt so long as he remembered which tent he should be sleeping in. A 'hands-off' rule of thumb is my preference. But so much the better if he has fun, even if it's while flirting with others, cuz when he comes back to me he'll be in a great mood. I like it when he's in a good mood. ;)
One of the reasons I've never begrudged any of my boyfriends their 'guy time' is because they really do come back happier, more relaxed, and more fun to be with.
We're taking his co-worker, Brian, with us. It'll be his first SCA event. I love introducing new people to the SCA. I just hope we manage to come up with some garb for him. I think he'll have fun tho, when I took Marshal one year he had a great time being my Booze Bitch and having me shove beautiful busty women at him. They loved the fact that he was my servant, thought it was sexy. He loved the attention, and the fact that I took care of him, made sure he didn't get too wasted, fed him, and tucked him in at night. He was a good boy, I mothered him, and we had a blast. :)

4 Comments:
Isn't this weekend Egil's? Are they going on at the same time?
Have fun either way :)
Not into taking Birdie to events, and I'm not ready to pawn her off for the weekend yet *lol*
It's a non-sanctioned event, but it is SCA.
Yeah, Egil's is this weekend too, but lately Egil's has been going downhill, and it's time to try something new. Besides, all the people I enjoy hanging with at events have basically given up on Egil's and moved on to the Gathering.
Have a great time!
I wanna go...sometime, yah.
Post a Comment
<< Home