Unbelievable
My last post got an unbelievable amount of response, and here I'd thought that people had stopped reading.
This morning I went down to see my caseworker again. We went over my previous application and he showed me where I was lacking. Apparently I'm quite qualified. I just filled the app out like I would have for any other company... short, sweet, and to the point. Making my responses fit in the little box provided. The state works differently tho, they want you to fill the little box and even into the next box, and show every little detail of what you did.
I also believed the application when it said not to circle a skill if you didn't feel that you were 'proficient' at it. So I didn't circle the typing speed of 45-54 wpm. He said that was probably what killed me, and just to go ahead and circle it.
So, I will be spending some time circling things, and creatively writing out what I did in each of my previous jobs.
And we'll see what that gets me... hopefully a decent job.
This morning I went down to see my caseworker again. We went over my previous application and he showed me where I was lacking. Apparently I'm quite qualified. I just filled the app out like I would have for any other company... short, sweet, and to the point. Making my responses fit in the little box provided. The state works differently tho, they want you to fill the little box and even into the next box, and show every little detail of what you did.
I also believed the application when it said not to circle a skill if you didn't feel that you were 'proficient' at it. So I didn't circle the typing speed of 45-54 wpm. He said that was probably what killed me, and just to go ahead and circle it.
So, I will be spending some time circling things, and creatively writing out what I did in each of my previous jobs.
And we'll see what that gets me... hopefully a decent job.

2 Comments:
It's all a matter of a creative paper frap, i'n't it?
Hand me the phone...
I'll call them up and tell them that not only will they be getting a conscientious, sensible, intelligent, competent employee they would be getting a damned fine human being.
xx, Lori
haha yeah! it's not like they're going to immediately ask you to prove it, anyway.
I hope you get a good job. Any Phlebotomy places in the land of Ports that need a poker?
Post a Comment
<< Home