Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

6/15/2006

I Emanate

Went down to AFS this morning, I keep kicking myself because I've been such a slacker lately, I finally got around to reapplying for food stamps and medical. My teeth have been bothering me, and Mina's are coming in really crooked. I was getting a bit desperate to have medical coverage of some kind. So anyway, I made the appointment yesterday, and went in today. My caseworker is awesome!
Anyone who's ever tangled with the state should know this is a very rare thing. He sat me down and said, so... your boyfriend's paying your way right now? I had just put that he was my roommate.
I nodded and we chit chatted about why I quit my last job, saying that Patty was the devil just didn't really encompass all that I put up with at that place. Then he explained that I was screwed as far as medical went, unless I had no income at all in the last 3 months... which I didn't, so I got medical. I asked if I would need to be in the JOBS program and he said, well, since you live in Aurora, and your vehicle isn't reliable, riiiight? Then I can exempt you from JOBS, you seem like you can manage to find work on your own anyway. Next, he let me off the hook for being a co-owner of property (that's always been a pain to deal with when it came to the state).
Then he said, you know, you should apply with the state, you seem like a very smart, capable, and friendly young woman. I think you'd do really well. Have you ever considered it?
Have I?! I only applied like 18 times last year, and 5 more this year. So, he suggested I try applying up in this area, because they are desperate for Human Service Specialists, and said that I would more than qualify if I write it down properly. He didn't even have a degree and he got the job. So I have an advantage there. Anyway, my super-cool caseworker offered to help me out with applying for a state position again, to hit on all the things they are looking for. He also got me enough food stamps to cover us for the rest of the month, and twice as much every month after for a year, or until I make more than $1396 a month. And, I now have medical coverage on me and Mina.

Now, I'm gonna go download the PD100 State Employment Form again, and fill it out again, and on Monday I'm gonna give him a call and see what assistance he can offer me in getting my application accepted.

4 Comments:

Blogger SWSNBN said...

RAWK.

Lucky.

6/15/2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spammers! /flail Of with thier heads!

6/15/2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

That would be awesome!!! Good Luck!

6/16/2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Frippity frappity teeth.

Good luck with your state job sweetie.

6/19/2006 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home