Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

6/06/2008

Hunting the Rabid Jackalope

Life has been busy up till now. Stressful as well. While getting married and moving and getting everything in order has taken most of our time and brain power it is still no excuse for not posting. Recently I have hit the stand-still point in pregnancy. Anyone who's been there will know what I mean. I am big enough not to fit my normal clothes, but too small for maternity clothes. I feel heavy and immensely obviously pregnant and people stare at me like "why is she walking like that?" because it's not yet noticeable enough for random people to stop on the street and ask to rub my belly. I feel like I am running out of time to get the baby's room together and get prepared for it's arrival, but at the same time it seems like the next 4.5 months are taking FOREVER to get here.

I hate this part.

To top this all off I have been dealing with acid indigestion and an unnatural craving for brownies that I fear I may have (slightly) overindulged. They were just so good though...
And the dreams! Oh my god, the bizarre dreams I have been having wake me up in the wee hours of the morning thinking, "what the hell was that all about?". Like last night's fabulous dream about me and the crew from Monty Python's Flying Circus going out into the Arizona desert to hunt down a wild rabid jackalope that was terrorizing the population of Podunk. When I caught the little bugger it tried to bite me so I had to grab it by the ears with one hand and the hind legs with the other. I showed Eric Idle that I had caught it and told him to call in the rest of the hunting party and the nasty little rodent bit his hand off when he got too close. The John Cleese came to check if it really was rabid and it bit his face off (probably a good sign that it was). At this point with the bitten off hand and face I remember thinking "oh great, this is going to turn into a zombie dream" but luckily I woke up before it could take a turn for the worse. No more brownies before bed. Last thing I want is to start having naughty Bruce Campbell dreams taking place in the Evil Dead cabin or something.
Doubt Aaron would find it funny if I started calling out "Ash!" in my sleep or reciting the S-Mart motto of "Shop smart, shop S-Mart" while trying to eat his brains.

2 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

Heeeeeeh.

Are you sure you're not on chantrix? Just kidding.

One mom to another, I feel your pain, and shame on me for saying the obvious, and what you already know to be true, it only gets worse before it gets better.

Hang on there little mama, eating faces off, now that's some pent up aggression. Heh.
xx

6/06/2008 6:48 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

What exactly do you have against John Cleese? LOL!

I dreamed about Beavis and Butthead and how Cheeto's were causing the end of the world all in the same dream.
I understand. =)

6/07/2008 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home