Go Brown... I Think Not
My camera still hasn't arrived.
There is a long standing animosity between myself and my local UPS/FedEx/USPS carriers. They hate me and wish me great suffering.
I believe quite strongly in tracking my packages, this does me no good, they see that I am expecting something and refuse to update the tracking info. I checked on my camera this morning, instead of telling me where it was today, I was informed that Thursday it was in Illinois.
Well, where the hell is it NOW! I cried out.
They won't tell me.
Des's birthday present that I ordered yesterday morning was in Roseburg yesterday evening, but my camera (ordered last Tuesday) is somewhere lost in the wilderness between Eugene and freakin Chicago.
Does anyone else have this problem or am I just shipping cursed?!
Whenever I am expecting something it doesn't show up for days after I thought it would, or after sitting on my porch from 8 am to 4:45 pm I give up and make a five minute run to pick up cigarettes and return to find that smarmy ass little note on my door:
YOU WEREN'T HOME
We were unable to deliver your package because you had the audacity to leave your watchpost for five minutes. Since we were sitting down on the corner waiting to see your car drive by we decided that this was the perfect opportunity to try to deliver your item, as you were not there we will try again tomorrow between 3 am and 8 pm. Please try to be home during that time, or you will be forever chasing your package around town and will never, ever, ever find it.
Thank you, and have a nice day!
I despise these people. They are even worse than the cable guy in this respect.
My mailman and I are on fairly good terms (I occasionally bribe him with cookies) because of this I generally get bills, birhtday cards, and coupons on time... yet my checks are still always late. Sometimes I wonder if the people who sort the mail have a separate bin to one side labeled:
PAYCHECKS-- Hold for three days before sorting.
I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.
Such is my life, so here I am blogging away and waiting to see who gives in first: me or the UPS guy. Can I hold out without leaving my post until he gets here? Or will he give in and deliver the goods before I cave?
We shall find out.
There is a long standing animosity between myself and my local UPS/FedEx/USPS carriers. They hate me and wish me great suffering.
I believe quite strongly in tracking my packages, this does me no good, they see that I am expecting something and refuse to update the tracking info. I checked on my camera this morning, instead of telling me where it was today, I was informed that Thursday it was in Illinois.
Well, where the hell is it NOW! I cried out.
They won't tell me.
Des's birthday present that I ordered yesterday morning was in Roseburg yesterday evening, but my camera (ordered last Tuesday) is somewhere lost in the wilderness between Eugene and freakin Chicago.
Does anyone else have this problem or am I just shipping cursed?!
Whenever I am expecting something it doesn't show up for days after I thought it would, or after sitting on my porch from 8 am to 4:45 pm I give up and make a five minute run to pick up cigarettes and return to find that smarmy ass little note on my door:
YOU WEREN'T HOME
We were unable to deliver your package because you had the audacity to leave your watchpost for five minutes. Since we were sitting down on the corner waiting to see your car drive by we decided that this was the perfect opportunity to try to deliver your item, as you were not there we will try again tomorrow between 3 am and 8 pm. Please try to be home during that time, or you will be forever chasing your package around town and will never, ever, ever find it.
Thank you, and have a nice day!
I despise these people. They are even worse than the cable guy in this respect.
My mailman and I are on fairly good terms (I occasionally bribe him with cookies) because of this I generally get bills, birhtday cards, and coupons on time... yet my checks are still always late. Sometimes I wonder if the people who sort the mail have a separate bin to one side labeled:
PAYCHECKS-- Hold for three days before sorting.
I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.
Such is my life, so here I am blogging away and waiting to see who gives in first: me or the UPS guy. Can I hold out without leaving my post until he gets here? Or will he give in and deliver the goods before I cave?
We shall find out.

2 Comments:
Did you get it?
Your birthday present is so prettyful, do you want me to wrap it?
Brown should get its shyte together. Brown should cough up the camera already. Brown should realize DHL is breathing down its neck.
Brown. Bugs. Us.
We are starving for pictures, Brown. We want to see Ariel's pictures and we want to see them NOW.
Dammit, Brown. Do your damn job!
Post a Comment
<< Home